PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Ultra Vac maintenance??

Mowbizz
08-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Anybody know if there is any maintenance to these things? Lately, mine is eating belts by causing a frazzeled edge on the belt then after a couple weeks it's pretty much useless. I am going to call the dealer to see if these get rebuilt on a regular basis...although not too much to go wrong with them...pulley wear maybe??
Anybody with the lowdown on the UltraVac??

Breezmister
08-29-2009, 08:37 PM
...although not too much to go wrong with them...pulley wear maybe??
Anybody with the lowdown on the UltraVac??

Had one in the shop last week with the same problem. The idler arm that the pulley is on was cocked and bent. I took it off and beat on it with a BFH for a while to get it squared. Did not replace the pulley, there was no play in it.
This may be all you need to do.....

Good Luck

Mowbizz
08-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Had one in the shop last week with the same problem. The idler arm that the pulley is on was cocked and bent. I took it off and beat on it with a BFH for a while to get it squared. Did not replace the pulley, there was no play in it.
This may be all you need to do.....

Good Luck

Thanks...the idler pulley does have an angle to it so that could explain the edge of the belt wear...to much of an angle. Trouble is I'm not sure how it looked when new, so I guess I can try to straighten that idler arm a little and see how it looks...makes sense! I appreciate the answer..:drinkup::drinkup: