PDA

View Full Version : Next mower to buy?

richonsa
08-29-2009, 12:10 AM
I have a 36 Mini Z. It is a pain on grades (makes me a little nervous). It would be great for gates. So, my thought is to go for a WB mower, at least 48 inches on the deck. Or should I just get a 52 or better zero turn? I am budgeting for a trailer, blowers, another trimmer and another stick edger, as well as an additional big mower.

Thanks,
ric

richonsa
08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Over 50 views and no one has an opinion? Maybe I'll just concentrate on a 52" ZTR. That way I have room to grow and I know the mower will hold a grade well.

Bryan B
08-30-2009, 04:58 PM
depends on your needs. i'm just getting started so all i'm looking for is a 36" depending on your work load and how often u would use it i'd say ztr all the way. they are the easiest on your body sitting not standing and get the job done faster.get the best bang for your buck

SangerLawn
08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
You have to remember that you do not have to be a member to read these forums but you do have to in order to reply. Sometimes you will have all kinds of view but no replies because no members have looked yet.

If you have a mower that will fit through a gate already I donít recommend getting a wb. To be honest I wouldnít get anything smaller then a 60 inch zrt. With a 60 inch you can do commercial lawns and residential. You already have something for back lawns with gates.

Any size zrt will do but the 60 inch is an excellent size for everything.

ed2hess
08-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Well with the exception of saying your mower makes you nervous you didn't give us much to go on. If the 36" is doing the job drop the customer with the steep grade.

richonsa
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Well with the exception of saying your mower makes you nervous you didn't give us much to go on. If the 36" is doing the job drop the customer with the steep grade.

Sorry about that. I have the 36 but I want another mower that will get more work done faster. The local dealer told me a wider zt would hold grades better. I started out by telling him I thought a WB would be better, that way I could walk it around while working steeper inclines. That's when he told me a 60 would do much better on a grade. I think I'll go with a 60. Keeping my eyes peeled for a used one now.

Funk'sTLC
09-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I run a 48" ZTR and a 36"WB and hands down the WB is better on grades..

I have a few accounts with steep ditches and I do what I can with the ZTR and follow up with the WB..

I think a 36" is perfect..it will fit through fences and other tight areas and isn't very heavy (mine is a belt drive)

My only regret is I wish I would have gotten a little bit bigger deck on my ZTR may be a 52" or even a 60"

However the ZTRs are so fast that like stated above pretty much any size deck will do....

Go with what fits your accounts and your wallet!

Landscape Poet
10-01-2009, 01:30 AM
I use a 36 in Mini Z as my main mower and do some pretty steep swells on water front property down here. I had a safety concern with it on steep inclines at first, but then became more familiar with it and have not had a issue.
Mini Z's are great, so if you do get another mower I would keep it too. It allows me to get in and mow smaller back yards or yards with fences with all the great effeciency of a Zero turn.

mowerbrad
10-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Why not look into a stander?