PDA

View Full Version : valves and heads

hlgmoney
04-26-2002, 09:41 PM
what heads do you guys nost commonly install. What about valves? Why?

HBFOXJr
04-27-2002, 07:53 AM
Hunter I20 rotor. It has an excellent assortment of nozzles for building matched precipitation systems and low angle and low volume low angle nozzles for shorter range applications. That means that you can frequently eliminate some spray head zones and not have messed up precipitation rates. 5 year warranty.

Hunter Institutional spray. Heavy duty with a pressure regulator and check valve built in. Use Rain Bird nozzles that we've used since their 1800 series came out. 5 year warranty.

Hunter Pro-C and ICC controllers. Excellent features and remote operations.

Hunter PGV and ICV valves just to make it all the same but RainBird makes Excellent valves.

gusbuster
04-30-2002, 12:13 AM
Primarily use only products from “Rainbird”

Rainbird valves
Rainbird 1800 series bodies and primarily U series nozzles.

When doing drip systems a mix of Agriform and Rainbird Xerigation products.

Why, reliability of both the product and supplies. Price of product is secondary. I believe in doing a job right the first time around.

John

DanaMac
04-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Primarily Hunter - PGP rotors (I-20 once in a while on an upgrade), SRC or Pro-C timer, PGV valves, and use Hunter PRO seriers spray heads just to make it simple. Not much diff between that and the 1804 Rainbirds. Do not like the RB DV valve. Shut down too fast and hard. I've seen manifolds blow apart due to them. Plus I find more DVs "seeping" than any other. But it may just be that there are more DVs out than others. I do like the ESP timer though. Find it very simple but is lacking some features. 365 day calendar, and single station manual watering. At least the 4, 6 and 8 station. I like the Irritrol Jar Top valve (forget model #) but heard Hunter is coming out w/ one also. Use it on Repairs often. Rainbird nozzles. U-Series is very nice for fixing systems not installed properly with head-to-head coverage. The VANs are good but spray pattern tends to get screwed up. Don't care for the Hunter nozzles at all.

SprinklerGuy
05-01-2002, 09:05 AM
ditto to above n/m

Wick
05-02-2002, 06:02 PM
We use mainly Hunter PGP rotors and Rainbird 1800 sprays. I try to upgrade to I-20's whenever possible. As far as valves go, I used to use Irritrol jar tops. Last year I switched to the hunter line of valves. They are a lot slower closing and seem to be doing fine. This year I started using the new jar top PGV - I love it.