PDA

View Full Version : Wiring 1997 ford f-350 for trailer

Daren
04-26-2002, 11:13 PM
Just bought a 1997 Ford F-350 flatbed after tearing the tranny out of my GMC 1500 pulling a hydroseeder for about a year. Anyway i purchased the connector that hooks in between the connector in the rear. Well brake lights and turn signals all work well, but no running taillights on the trailer. I did have to purchase the 4 flat wire to 6 round since my trailer has brakes. planning on hooking that up soon. But for now I need to get the taillights working.Everything is hooked up the same as my GMC with the exception of the brake controller. Any ideas? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daren

Brickman
04-27-2002, 11:45 PM
Check your marker fuses for the trailer. They are NOT the same as the markers on your truck. Look in the owners manual for the location. I know my 2000 F 250 has seperate, and if I remember right so did my 94 F 150. Those fuses being blown can cause a lot of grief getting power where it needs to be.

Hope this helps.

greenflag
04-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Look in your glove box, there should be a bag with two maxi fuses & two relays. they go in the black boxes on the drivers fenderwell under the hood.

There should be a harness to hook up a brake control if you need that. It plugs in to the right of your steering column. you can see the plug if you remove the big panel under the steering wheel. There will be a metal brace on the right, the plug is accessed through the hole in the brace.

I hope this helps,

Garry S. Smith