PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my name?

stevenf
08-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I tried like 27 different names when I first registered it. This is the only free one I could come up with. I didnt want to use my name. Next year I plan on going full time and if a name change is in sight, I figured now would be the best time to do it.
Right now it is Turf Trimmers "Landscape Management".
Tell me what you think when you read it. Does it limit me? Does it sound franchise'y?

mowerbrad
08-29-2009, 06:55 PM
What services will you be offering?

stevenf
08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Landscape management(mowing, flowerbed maintenance), Fertilzer and pesticide apps.
Girlfriend is going to LSU for landscape architect. Plan on eventually offering design and installs.

mowerbrad
08-29-2009, 07:25 PM
"Turf Trimmers" just seems like a very plain name.

Why don't you want to use your own name in the business name?

jada86
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
It's not bad, but at first glance makes me think you are mostly focused on mowing services. First impressions are very important. If you are planning to expand to design/build I would work on a more upscale sounding name. :cool2:

THC
08-30-2009, 02:14 AM
I don't think clever names are necessary, look at Brickman's.

stevenf
08-30-2009, 03:03 AM
It's not bad, but at first glance makes me think you are mostly focused on mowing services. First impressions are very important. If you are planning to expand to design/build I would work on a more upscale sounding name. :cool2:

That's where my thoughts are leading but services linked entirely to marketing? People see advertisment, not name. The name only helps to be catchy. I think mine is easily remembered.
Anymore thoughts on it?
Posted via Mobile Device

stevenf
08-30-2009, 03:14 AM

That's where my thoughts are leading but services linked entirely to marketing? People see advertisment, not name. The name only helps to be catchy. I think mine is easily remembered.
Anymore thoughts on it?
Posted via Mobile Device

stevenf
08-30-2009, 03:30 AM

That's where my thoughts are leading but arent services linked entirely to marketing? People see advertisment, not name. The name only helps to be catchy. I think mine is easily remembered.
Anymore thoughts on it?
Posted via Mobile Device

JNyz
08-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I think it sucks.

mowerbrad
08-30-2009, 06:00 PM
The name is the thing that people remember. They will see your name and then link that to possible services you may offer. I think your wrong in the fact that people see advertisment and not the name. Your name is everything. People will remember "...lawn care" (or something of the sort) and link the name to all the possible services incorporated with lawn care.

the ace
08-30-2009, 11:42 PM
I think it sucks.

Don't be shy JNyz, let us know what you think.

JNyz
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Don't be shy JNyz, let us know what you think.

Ok, I like your avatar.

Reminds me of a day I was working at a high end apartment complex last year. There was a hot girl that made like three trips to her car within an hour. So I decide if she come out again I am going to get a closer look. She does, so I walk over to get a closer look. We both say hi and I notice a decal on the back of her car. It was just like those yellow ribbons/magnets that say "support the troops." But her was green and said "support strippers."

stevenf
09-01-2009, 01:14 AM
If I were to go with my last name, what would I add so I wasnt limited? Landscape Management, lawn care, Landscapeing???

jada86
09-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Catchy is not necessarily what I am suggesting. Memorable is the better term. Turf trimmers is not bad for a lawn and landscape maintenance company. I just think if you are headed into heavy landscape design/build in the future that by focusing on turf in the name you are immediately eliminating some potential leads for landscape work. What I'm saying is the name needs to draw them to both landscape maintenance and landscape design/build. One thought might be to start with Turf Trimmers and then later add a dba name that is for your new services.

JNyz
09-01-2009, 05:06 PM
If I were to go with my last name, what would I add so I wasnt limited? Landscape Management, lawn care, Landscapeing???

I don't think you should use landscapeing.

tropical breeze
10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I live in SW FL and the name of my business is Tropical Breeze lawn care.

doitforjohnny
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Landscape management(mowing, flowerbed maintenance), Fertilzer and pesticide apps.
Girlfriend is going to LSU for landscape architect. Plan on eventually offering design and installs.

On a different note....You say that you are going to mow trim etc. but then you say that you are eventually going to offer design and build services because your girlfriend is going to college to become a landscape architect. do you know the construction end of landscaping? Also, what if your girlfriend leaves you for one of her professors? Or you guy's break up for some other reason? Figure out what YOU want to do! Stand on your own 2 feet first.
Do you know construction? Can you do hardscape?

tropical breeze
10-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I have been in business management for over 20 years stick by this word K.I.S.S.
Keep It Simple Stupid

CCT HORTICULTURE
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
mine is Steve's Lawn & Property Care

You should have your name it

tropical breeze
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
What if you want to sell it down the road. Jim is not doing to want Erics lawn care