PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for Fall - Special Aug/Sept Discounts

TrashBagPopper
08-29-2009, 06:44 PM
With the patented Trash Bag Popper - www.trashbagpopper.com

- Simplify opening and filling of Lawn / Plastic / Paper / Biodegradable Bags
- You no longer need a person to hold open that collapsible bag when filling
- Use again, over and over....for Recycling Plastics/Cans, Construction related Work, Camping, Tail Gate Parties etc.
- Trash Bag Popper simplifies and turns the collapsible container (bag) into an instant Trash Can shape.
- It's much easier sliding a 3lb. Trash Bag Popper out of a 50lb filled bag vs. lifting a 50lb filled bag out of a Trash Can
- Trash Bag Popper is durable, rugged and made in the USA with recycled plastic :usflag:
- Don't be fooled by cheaper imitation knock-offs, Trash Bag Popper is patented and proven.

2brothersyardcare
08-30-2009, 09:10 AM
im going 2 buy 1 if there good ill buy 4

cc7777
08-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I bought 2 of these and use them for debris cleanup, we don't have much of a yard here in California, so we use them mostly for backyard parties and recycling cans and plastics.
and they really work great!

White Gardens
08-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow, what a waste of time for a professional.

Here's my problem with a product like that.

1.) Will puncture easy.
2.) Minimal Volume.
3.) Nice way to use more plastic.
4.) 90% of municipalities require waste to be placed in Paper waste bags.

That would be a better product to make. A stand that holds up the paper bags properly.

I can use a large tarp and drag 5-10 times as much material in one trip around the yard. Then All I have to do is dump it at the curb or lift it into my trailer.

That would be another good product too. A tarp that is reinforced (better than your standard ones) and and can take better abuse.

cc7777
08-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Dear White Gardens,
I truly respect your opinion, but I think there's a good product for everyone, and for me and a lot of people this trash bag popper worked just fine.
It is not a waste of time for a professional,....I was at a Swap Meet and saw these displayed and thought what a clever idea, I think I'll try it...and it works, easy to use, it doesn't puncture easy, and minimal volume depends on the use of course and your needs, I would suggest you to try it before you give your opinion, and if it doesn't cover your needs then it is not a product for you, but works fine for others. *trucewhiteflag*

White Gardens
08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Ya know, there is a homeowner section. And there is also a sponsor section.

First off I want to say is that I appreciate any an all sponsors who are on this site who help keep this site running. I have nothing but respect for what they do and what they believe in. I don't go running into the sponsor forum and start bashing them.

To post something on a forum is going to get the opinions of the members of said forum. You take that calculated risk. This forum especially is a hard nut to crack in terms of selling products.

All I see is a piece of poly, cut to size, and rolled up. I don't see anything special for the price.

What I also see is a product or container that has no bottom to it. Even if I was piddling in my own yard, I know I would blow a hole in the bag right away. I just see a logical flaw in the idea. Now if it came with a little cart or dolly, then I see something useful.

Can the product be effective for some people ?? Maybe, but I just don't see it. I've been burned so many times by products and ringing endorsements, when all it did was collect dust or fall apart.

TrashBagPopper
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Hello White Gardner,

Thank you for your candid initial concerns and perception. This certainly gives us the opportunity to shed light on the strengths and benefits of The Trash Bag Popper.

We are 1 week into being a sponsor of this site and learning more ways we can add value to the members and site every day. The Trash Bag Popper will absolutely save individuals and professional landscapers time and $'s if you have to collect grass, leaves etc... in a paper or plastic bag.

If you have ever tried The Trash Bag Popper, you will find all your concerns to be null and void. This product actually overcomes ALL the challenges and concerns you mention...

Waste of time...
It actually SAVES TIMEbecause it keeps the bag open for you instead of you wasting time trying to keep it open while filling or having someone else hold it open for you. It truly turns a 2 man job into 1.

Puncture easily...
The Trash Bag Popper ACTS AS A LINER INSIDE the bag so it significantly reduces the chances of puncturing the bag over all other options that keep bags open. You can put more sharp objects in the bag using the TBP than without the TBP. This is due to the consistent force placed on the bag when pulling the TBP out.

Minimal Volume, more plastic...
The Trash Bag Popper allows you to MAXIMIZE THE CAPACITY of the bag. You will actually find you are able to over fill the bag and need to trim off the top once you press down with your feet to compact the debris. more capacity per bag allows you to use fewer bags.

Municipalities require paper...
The Trash Bag Popper KEEPS PAPER BAGS OPEN AS WELL. In many cases through the US, we have found city codes that prevent either "dumping on the curb" or even allowing pickup of plastic bags.

Another challenge overcome is...

No tearing of bag due to suction like when you pull a full bag out of a trashcan.

The Trash Bag Popper overcomes all of your concerns as well as most of the challenges of using a trash can or any other product on the market today that keep s the collapsible container open. This thing REALLY works!

The Prez.
The Trash Bag Popper

Wow, what a waste of time for a professional.

Here's my problem with a product like that.

1.) Will puncture easy.
2.) Minimal Volume.
3.) Nice way to use more plastic.
4.) 90% of municipalities require waste to be placed in Paper waste bags.

That would be a better product to make. A stand that holds up the paper bags properly.

I can use a large tarp and drag 5-10 times as much material in one trip around the yard. Then All I have to do is dump it at the curb or lift it into my trailer.

That would be another good product too. A tarp that is reinforced (better than your standard ones) and and can take better abuse.

Jay Ray
09-02-2009, 09:16 AM
There are areas here with lots of leaves, nothing like the Northeast where they are awash with leaves and they come in and out with the tidal gravitation of the moon, but here there is no municipal leaf pickup with city loaders. You can't just get the leaves to the curb and be done with it.

My first choice is dump in the woods if that is an option, and that is an option that I use much of the time now. I look for it when estimating a lawn well populated by trees.

Some municipalites will pick leaves up at the curb if they are bagged and anything that makes bagging easier is a plus.

I try to avoid taking leaves with me if at all possible. This bag popper is probably quite useful for some LCO's in some areas of the country. Simple and low tech, no moving parts, but useful.

Investing in a loader and dump trailer probably will not benefit me much economically here.

White Gardens
09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Hello White Gardner,

Thank you for your candid initial concerns and perception. This certainly gives us the opportunity to shed light on the strengths and benefits of The Trash Bag Popper.

The Prez.
The Trash Bag Popper

Thanks you for the response. Very professional and informative.

The only question that I want answered is what do you do about the bottom of the bag. The Popper takes care of the sides from tearing, but what about the bottom.

That is the only real flaw that I see. One large stick shoved into the bag and you have a tear. Or, said stick is wedged into the bag/popper, and as soon as you go to move it, said stick pokes through the bottom ??

Have you guys had any issues with that during testing ???

Just curious, like I said before, your product has a place. I've seen and used products that have had one or two flaws that just make it worthless. Unfortunately, that has raised my skepticism on just about everything new on the market.

2brothersyardcare
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
free samples or half price for lawnsite users?

TrashBagPopper
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you for all your input and inquiries. Keep in mind, the patents claim is to keep a collapsible container open, that when inserting the TBP into the paper, plastic or biodegradable bag, it rapidly uncoils, causing and maintaining afirm outward pressure creating a free-standing portable and light-weight trash can.

The only negative that needs to be mentioned is if the bag is greater than 3' wide, the TBP does't overlap causing there to be a gap or unprotected portion of the bag. The TBP still works, but doesn't protect the bag in that part. In this case, usually 45 or 50 gallon bags, you will want to use 2 TBP's so that the 2nd TBP is placed opposite the 1st creating an even bigger opening.

In this case, you may want to fill the bag where you are going to leave it because in a lot of cases, the TBP allows you to put too much in the bag and bag can't support the weight alone.

SEE REPLY TO COMMENTS IN CAPS BELOW.

free samples or half price for lawnsite users?

WWW.LAWNSITE.COM "READ THE THREAD ON LAWNSITE.COM SPECIAL!!!"

IF YOU MENTION THIS THREAD AS "READ THE THREAD ON LAWNSITE.COM" IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THE BUY NOW LINK, (JUST BEFORE YOU CONFIRM ORDER) WE WILL GIVE YOU 1 FREE TBP IF YOU BUY 3. THIS WILL BE GOOD THROUGH END OF 2009. SINCE WE ARE UTILIZING WWW.LAWNSITE.COM AS OUR ONLY INTERNET MEDIUM RIGHT NOW, WE HAVE ALREADY REDUCED OUR PRICES 10% AND BREAK EVEN ON p&h. WE EXPECT TO BE IMPLEMENTING A DIRECT RESPONSE CAMPAIGN IN OCTOBER AND CAN'T DROP IT LOWER THAN $19.95 FOR ONE AFTER SEPT.

Thanks you for the response. Very professional and informative.

The only question that I want answered is what do you do about the bottom of the bag. The Popper takes care of the sides from tearing, but what about the bottom.

SUGGESTIONS:

USE HEAVIER GAGE PLASTIC FOR HEAVIER/DEBRIS/LIMB JOBS (> 1" DIAMETER) NORMAL TRASH BAGS WILL BE FINE FOR ROSE TO 1/2" STICKS. use best judgment when placing limbs in bag, not to lay in a direction you now will create direct trauma to the bag when removing.
TRY TO PUT A LAYER OF SOFTER DEBRIS IN FIRST 6 INCHES OF BAG BEFORE LOADING HEAVY SHARP OBJECTS TO DEFLECT DIRECT CONTACT FROM BAG
INSERT STICKS VERTICAL, NOT HORIZONTAL TO REDUCE TRAUMA TO BAG WHEN LIFTING TBP OUT OF BAG

VISUALIZE... YOU WILL POP A BALLOON BY POKING AT IT, BUT IF YOU REST A KNIFE SIDEWAYS ON THE BALLOON, IT WON'T CREATE THE ABRASIVENESS THAT CAUSES THE BALLOON TO POP. ALL BAGS WILL TEAR OR RIP DEPENDING ON THE TRAUMA YOU PLACE ON IT, BUT IF YOU ARE COGNIZANT OF THE DIRECTION YOU ARE LAYING THE STICKS, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MANAGE THEM IN THE PAPER OR PLASTIC BAG.

That is the only real flaw that I see. One large stick shoved into the bag and you have a tear. Or, said stick is wedged into the bag/popper, and as soon as you go to move it, said stick pokes through the bottom ??

TBP IS NOT GREAT FOR LIMBS ONLY, BUT IF YOU HAVE OTHER DEBRIS THAT CAN BE PUT IN BAG CREATING A BUFFER, YOU WILL FIND THIS TO BE THE BEST SOLUTION.

Have you guys had any issues with that during testing ???

YES, WE CERTAINLY CAN'T MAKE THE CLAIM THAT THE BAG WON'T RIP, BUT FOUND YOU HAVE TO MANAGE THE DIRECTION OF THE STICKS/LIMBS AND CREATE A BUFFER ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG TO PREVENT DIRECT CONTACT OF SHARP OBJECTS.

Just curious, like I said before, your product has a place. I've seen and used products that have had one or two flaws that just make it worthless. Unfortunately, that has raised my skepticism on just about everything new on the market.

THERE IS A CLOSE COMPETITOR, BUT TO AVOID PATENT INFRINGEMENT, COULD NOT ALLOW IT TO HOLD THE BAG OPEN FROM "HELICAL" SPRING, THEREFOR WON'T EVEN STAND UP ON ITS OWN. THE TBP IS DURABLE ENOUGH YOU COULD LAY A BOARD OVER THE TOP OF 2 TBP'S STANDING UP AND CREATE A WORK BENCH.

There are areas here with lots of leaves, nothing like the Northeast where they are awash with leaves and they come in and out with the tidal gravitation of the moon, but here there is no municipal leaf pickup with city loaders. You can't just get the leaves to the curb and be done with it.

My first choice is dump in the woods if that is an option, and that is an option that I use much of the time now. I look for it when estimating a lawn well populated by trees.

Some municipalites will pick leaves up at the curb if they are bagged and anything that makes bagging easier is a plus.

I try to avoid taking leaves with me if at all possible. This bag popper is probably quite useful for some LCO's in some areas of the country. Simple and low tech, no moving parts, but useful.

IF BAGGING THE LEAVES IS THE BEST OR ONLY SOLUTION, THE TBP WILL MAXIMIZE BAG POTENTIAL WHICH MEANS FEWER BAGS, LESS COST AND WILL SAVE YOU TIME.

Investing in a loader and dump trailer probably will not benefit me much economically here.

THANKS AGIAN FOR YOUR ATTENTION ON THIS PRODUCT.

White Gardens
09-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the post POPPER.

Like stated before, not trying to say your product is worthless.

If anything I see passion about your product.

I'm glad to see that at the minimum my opinion has been responded to with good information on how to use your product correctly, and confidence that you are selling a quality product.

2brothersyardcare
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
who are your competitors?

TrashBagPopper
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the post POPPER.

Like stated before, not trying to say your product is worthless.

If anything I see passion about your product.

I'm glad to see that at the minimum my opinion has been responded to with good information on how to use your product correctly, and confidence that you are selling a quality product.

No offense taken. I looked at it as an oportunity to set us apart from any other product out there. Check it out sometime.

This product is also great for other recreational events and chores like for Debris for remodeling
Tailgating
Camping/picnics
and even as a straight edge for painting smaller jobs.
check out the website for other uses.

who are your competitors?

Lawson Products has "The Easy Bagger"
The Bag Butler

dvog
09-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I am going to have to agree with "WHITE GARDENS " on this one.My leafs go to the curb for twp pick up or to the dump via my truck.I would go broke trying to bag all the leafs i deal with each fall.We blow-tarp-and push tons of leafs to the curb with our mowers and blowers!

willretire@40
09-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I've had one of these years ago. They work good but it can lose its shape if you do not store it right.

TrashBagPopper
09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I've had one of these years ago. They work good but it can lose its shape if you do not store it right.

Thanks for your comments and hope you're having a great Labor Day break....

The Trash Bag Popper is patented (# 6044877) because of it's "helical spring" design. We recommend storing flat (recommended on our product label, on the Popper itself). Hang off a nail on the garage wall, or if rolled, we recommend 1 reverse roll the first use.

The product you're more than likely referring to has "no helical spring", and can't. This product/competitor (we won't mention names) attempted to acquire us about 5 years ago.

Cheers,

The Trash Bag Popper Team :usflag:

2brothersyardcare
09-07-2009, 11:34 AM
i just ordered myne and if u could make sure u send me my free tbp that b great send me a pm

TrashBagPopper
09-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I am going to have to agree with "WHITE GARDENS " on this one.My leafs go to the curb for twp pick up or to the dump via my truck.I would go broke trying to bag all the leafs i deal with each fall.We blow-tarp-and push tons of leafs to the curb with our mowers and blowers!

Just curious....

What's the deterrent for Mother Nature, and sudden gusts of wind?

If left on the curb and a nice gust of wind hits, what happens then?
Do leaves behave and stay put?

Cheers, and have a great Labor Day weekend....

:usflag:

golfnpreacher
09-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I have used a similar device for some time. I was just a piece of heavy plastic, which would seek to "unroll" inside of whatever type bag it was inserted in. It made cleanups so much easier, was almost like a trash can. Since it lined the inside of the bag, it prevented rips and tears, thus saving time.

dvog
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
If the leafs blow back on the lawn then the customer has to call us back for another clean-up$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TrashBagPopper
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM

You want to keep from PROLONGED STORAGE in extreme temperatures. If you don't store flat or rolled in extreme temps, it will effect the flatness, but still have spring when uncoiled inside the collapsible container. If memory is too strong in one direction, you can roll the apposite direction for better "POP."

I have used a similar device for some time. I was just a piece of heavy plastic, which would seek to "unroll" inside of whatever type bag it was inserted in. It made cleanups so much easier, was almost like a trash can. Since it lined the inside of the bag, it prevented rips and tears, thus saving time.

EXACTLY!!!

If the leafs blow back on the lawn then the customer has to call us back for another clean-up$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Then you don't want to be using a TBP, but I hear what yur sayin.

The Prez
Trash Bag Popper