PDA

View Full Version : http://elliott-landscape.com/

firstchoice1
08-29-2009, 08:02 PM
http://elliott-landscape.com/ for Elliott Landscape

What do you guys think? My first website, any criticism/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Travis

Elite Outdoor
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Looks good, easy to navigate. You need better quality pictures on your portfolio page.

Flow Control
08-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Check your spelling, I looked at your services page and there are a few misspelled words.

Isobel
10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
first thing, set your background image to tile, so it fills up the whole screen.

I'd also get some better pictures up on your portfolio page. none of those pictures would make me want to have you help my yard.

HostColor
10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I would suggest you to add more pictures to portfolio and to better organize them in this section.

Tom3982s
10-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Looks great to me, simple and nice looking. I like the logo...

Flightkid
10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
ya looks pretty good for your first one, but i would suggest centering the page so it isn't aligned to the left and maybe make a contact form where people type in there name email message etc. and it gets sent to your email, but ya looks good.

Kiril
10-24-2009, 07:48 AM
first thing, set your background image to tile, so it fills up the whole screen.

For this guys site it would be added in the following CSS (addition in bold to repeat both x and y)

#apDiv1 {
position:absolute;
left:315px;
top:217px;
width:579px;
height:629px;
z-index:1;
background-image: url(images/WEblayout_12.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat;
}

I'd also get some better pictures up on your portfolio page. none of those pictures would make me want to have you help my yard.

Agreed. I will add the following.

VALIDATE YOUR CODE! At the very least add a DTD.
When on the services page, the services menu link is broken.
Make the contact menu link go somewhere, not a mailto
No reason why this site should not fit in a standard sized screen, which would avoid the vertical scrolling.
Homepage wording needs work

mowingsite
11-06-2009, 08:19 PM
A picture on the home page...most people will look at a pic before reading all the text.

firstchoice1
12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
wow, thanks for all the feed back guys. overhauling the website big time. Ill put up another thread and post it on this one when it's done. The new one is going to look a lot different/better I believe.