PDA

View Full Version : General charge for 1/4 1/2 and 1 acre open hydroseeding?

Ramairfreak98ss
08-30-2009, 12:21 AM
i know its vague.. We never offered hydro services before and didnt really want to.

One of our big commercial clients is demoing building and industrial areas on their property, and theyre REQUIRED to hydroseed only since its near protected woods areas etc.

They also need to have it irrigated for a 30 day period, with NO water source.

I kind of laughed at first, but after a talk with the manager at the site this past week i realized they dont have any other option and although i laugh at myself with what we'd have to charge them to bring in 500-750 gallons of water DAILY to irrigate about a 1/2 acre open area of property, they will pay it.

Its a square shaped area, with about 30' sides pitched towards the middle almost like a big retention basin, but one of the 4 sides are open to level ground.

we'd have to add tackifier for all the slopes, theyre not very steep though but erosion with heavy rain could be an issue.

They were going to have their construction company hydroseed but i could easily just offer a price for that and the irrigation, so as for one company to not be blaming the other for lack of water or the hydroseeding itself later.

So were already going to have to get basically a Turbo Turf 500 or 750 gallon skid hydroseeder and i'd need to know a rough charge commercially to seed this area and keep it from washing away with the first heavy rain.

What would my supplies cost be, IE tack, seed, bark, dye, fert?

sorry about the new B questions... like i said, i dont see much market in NJ for this besides new commercial lots, everything is seed or sod since its so cheap around central NJ where they grow it. Its literally 20-40 miles TOPS to almost anywhere from field to lawn/residence for sod installs.

stuvecorp
08-30-2009, 02:58 AM
It's hard to say because every place seems different. I run from .08 to .14 a square foot and some small patch stuff can get more. Look on the IAHP for hydroseed specific information.

phasthound
08-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Ramairfreak,

Does your company get our email blasts? In our last one we had info about how to save money and improve hydroseeding results.

Two products: ICT Organics Hydro-Seed and Nutrients PLUS Aux-N-ite 5-4-0 will give you faster germination, higher germination rates and improve long term turf health.

Check out our website.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Ramairfreak,

Does your company get our email blasts? In our last one we had info about how to save money and improve hydroseeding results.

Two products: ICT Organics Hydro-Seed and Nutrients PLUS Aux-N-ite 5-4-0 will give you faster germination, higher germination rates and improve long term turf health.

Check out our website.

thanks, i will.