PDA

View Full Version : Z-spray units and freezing temps

RCA
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Seriously considering buying a z-spray but have a question. How do you guys handle freezing temps in February with liquid product in your spray tanks? Do you have to drain and winterize daily to keep product from freezing up in your tanks and lines? Do you keep your z-spray in a heated bldg??? I remember what a pain in the a** it was to winterize my Lesco skid sprayer back in the day.

a plus bob
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
You should be done with liquid apps before temps drop to freeze level.I wash my tanks out and run RV anti- freeze through the nozzles,and hose reel .Some guys on here use washer fluid with ant-freeze.Just rinse it out good in spring.

Volman
08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
RCA. understand your concern. We'll start early preem in late Feb here & we'll still have some freezing temps. My solution is just putting a small space heater in my cargo trailer with the Z on the cold nights. the rest of the winter i just clean out & blow out all the lines with air.

grassman177
08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
yeah, we were dong round one this year and it was really cold some days and actually had to quit due to the lines freezing on me and unable to spray!!!! we store ours indoors so no need to winterize but we do anyways with rv atifreeze.