PDA

View Full Version : Want to branch out on my own!!

wolfn69
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Ive been in the Landscaping/Groundskeeping Business for over 15yrs with the National Park Service. I want to branch out on my own. I have 1 side job with over 3 acres but I use the equipment at my job as the property is adjacent to it. What would be the best and least cost effective Z-Turn to purchase? Paying to use others equip. is killin me now.:usflag:

SangerLawn
08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Soooo, since you work for a national park that means tax payers money bought you a mower to use right? If I were you I would keep doing it…at least then I would know who is using my money :cry:

wolfn69
08-31-2009, 10:36 PM
NO!!! Resigned from that rat race 3 years ago work for less money and self respect now!!!! HA!! Workn for a Monastery/Catholic School with over 200 acres!!! Love the work but need to branch out!!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

wolfn69
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Not bad job on ur manacureing!! Type of work i love when u can step back and be proud of what u do!! Nice job!!!!

wolfn69
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Soooo, since you work for a national park that means tax payers money bought you a mower to use right? If I were you I would keep doing it…at least then I would know who is using my money :cry:

IF U ONLY KNEW!!!! HAVENT BEEN THERE FOR 3yrs RESIGNED FOR THE BULLSHIT!!! TIRED OF IT AND NEEDED A CHANGE!!!:usflag:

SLMGT
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Just do it man. If you are only working 40 hours a week for the Feds, you have every afternoon and weekends to get your own biz going. I would talk with some of the local lcos to determine the most dependable equipment vendor and work with that brand mower to get started. You want to buy equipment that will allow you to grow and be productive in the future. We made the mistake of starting out with a 44" mower which is too small. Buy good equipment and when it comes to dealing with clients, always do what you say you are going to do and then some. Every client you get will be an advertisement for you. Treat every yard job as a piece of art that will bear your signature. Success breeds success and once you get rolling you will grow. I can't believe that the NPS allows you to use gov. equipment for personal use even if you pay for it. Again half the battle is just showing up so go get it.

wolfn69
08-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Just do it man. If you are only working 40 hours a week for the Feds, you have every afternoon and weekends to get your own biz going. I would talk with some of the local lcos to determine the most dependable equipment vendor and work with that brand mower to get started. You want to buy equipment that will allow you to grow and be productive in the future. We made the mistake of starting out with a 44" mower which is too small. Buy good equipment and when it comes to dealing with clients, always do what you say you are going to do and then some. Every client you get will be an advertisement for you. Treat every yard job as a piece of art that will bear your signature. Success breeds success and once you get rolling you will grow. I can't believe that the NPS allows you to use gov. equipment for personal use even if you pay for it. Again half the battle is just showing up so go get it.

Dude thanks for the info! I havent worked for the NPS for over 3 years!! Been on my own working for a Monastery using there equip that I got them 2 buy. 60in Toro z-turn and JD 72in z-turn. I take care of 200 acres with 6 buildings and grounds as well as garden areas. The GOVT screwed me and i resigned. Tryn 2 get back to making the money i was being in GOVT work. Been humbled by it all especially not making the $$ i was but im better off.. Thanks for replyn!! JDM