PDA

View Full Version : New Here But Not In Groundswork!

wolfn69
09-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Im 39yrs old and have done groundswork for over 20 years mostly with the National Park Service. Ive since resigned from the govt BS and am out on my own for at least 3yrs. I started out using Toro Groundsmasters and JD 72" mowers. Now im useing Z-Turn JD 72" mower and Toro 60" Z-turn mowers on a 300 acre Monastery. We got 5 buildings and 6 gardens to maintain. I love working outside and seeing first hand how my work looks for me as well as the public. If I aint satisfied with it they wont be either. I guess doing every Job as U would Ur own is how I aproach every job I do. Take pride in what U do and love it all!!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Ben's Landscape
09-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome. I bet you will learn even more from the site. Can't wait to see some of your pictures in the future. If you have any questions just ask.

wolfn69
09-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Lots of questions, LOL. Always worked for someone else want to go out on my own. Got 1 job adjacent to my full time job. Useing the jobs 60" toro z-master but want to get my own and stop paying to use the equipment I use on a daily basis anyway. Got my 1st client want more. Im looking forward to the insight and help as I move forward using this site to educate me even futher about the business side and estimates per acre/job site.
Thanks for the reply,
JDM

g21
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Welcome! Got some real heavy iron! You're in a good postition at least equipment-wise to take on some serious commercial work. I'll be glad to help in the area of bidding and estimating. ALMA has some great resource but if you're not ready for membership, don't hesitate to ask me for help anyway! Good Luck.
Tommy

wolfn69
09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
What is ALMA? Alwyas looking for ideas from those who work or own there own business.