PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started

MudMower350
09-01-2009, 06:40 AM
im just getting started and would like as much advise as possible, this year i have started mowing a few lawns a month and my life long dream has been to own and run a successful lawn care buiseness. at the moment i have an old 22" push mower and a 36" rider. i would like to know what equipment is recomended and what is worth the money? i also would like to know the best ways of advertisement? i live in a town with around 25K people and it has a ton of suburbs outside of town with decent size lawns. there arent that many other lawn care businesses around here. also any advice or tips would be great. my grandfather just died recently and ill be inhariting a decent amount of money and decided to put some of it towards my dream.
Thanks,
Zach

T R E Y
09-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I would suggest reading as much of this forum as possible and you will find the answers to all of your questions. I don't plan on starting my business for atleast another six years when I retire from the military but I have been doing tons of research and will continue to do that. I have probably read the first 30 pages or so of this board alone. Start by doing that and you will learn a good bit.

Mckenzie's Maintenance
09-01-2009, 12:46 PM
copy that ....I read on this site for nearly 2 years before even posting the first post...

not to sound like a chump....but seriously searching is golden....good luck

and soak all you can in...lol

MudMower350
09-02-2009, 01:01 AM
ive had another acount on here before and i researched for almost 3 years and wat taking a ton of notes that i was going to print off at a later time but my old computer got a virus and i had to get a new one. :/ gues it will be like taking highschool again! lol