PDA

View Full Version : Mix rate for Drive 75 DF

Craig Turf Management
04-28-2002, 05:49 AM
I will be spot spraying Drive from a backpack sprayer, and need help with the mixing instructions. The label states apply 0.367 oz of Drive 75 DF per 1000 square feet. I will be applying this product in conjunction with the Lesco sticker.

1. How much product should I add to 4 gallons of water?
2. Do I apply just to wet, or to the point of run-off?
3.How do you measure 0.367 oz anyway? What type of measuring device do you use?

I w2ill be applying this product to control crabgrass and other labeled weeds growing in established fescue.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bill Craig!

f350
04-29-2002, 09:02 PM
when i applied drive i just barely misted over top the plant. to much and your destroy the surrounding areas's

KirbysLawn
04-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Bill....MSMA will give good results this early in the season at much less cost.

Russo
04-29-2002, 09:45 PM
How to calibrate 101

1. Mark off a 1000 sq ft area ( I do this in gravel so I can see my coverage )

2. WITH WATER ONLY, spray the area.
-record how much water you used

3. Calculate. If you used 4 gallons of water to treate 1000sqft. Then you need only .367 oz per back pack.
If you used 2 gallons to treate 1000sqft, you'll need .734 oz per backpack.
If you used 8 gallons to treate 1000sqft, you'll need only .184 per backpack.

How much you mix per gallon depends on your RATE of APPLICATION for the SOLUTION. This product sounds like it is most effectively applied with a larger spray rig, but you should be ok if your treating a relatively small area.

Apply the solution as if applying a good layer of paint. Don't miss any spots, but don't apply to the dripping point.

Hey, BTW, these are things you learn in order to get your license.

Can you guess the next question?

Good Luck.

Craig Turf Management
05-01-2002, 10:36 AM
Scraper, thanks for the lesson. I know how to calibrate my sprayers. My dilemma was when spot spraying crabgrass, ( which I have very little of in my lawns) I wouldn't use 4 gallons of spray for all of my properties. When I broadcast, I use my 100 gallon sprayer. I was concerned about over-concentrating, or under-concentrating my back-pack sprayer. How do you measure such tiny amounts of product? I really don't want to guess, but I don't have anything graduated in such small increments.

Kirby, MSMA is what I have used in the past, and I will continue to use in my larger sprayer. Mr. Vaughn sold me the Drive last summer, and I have yet to use it. Just curious to see how it performs. It is high dollar!

Scraper p.s. Yeah, I'm licensed. I hate applications though. In my opinion, it's much too easy to obtain a license in N.C. I'm really paranoid about screwing up a nice property. I'm reading a bunch, and asking lot's of questions. Trying to do it right.

Thanks for all of the help. Bill Craig!

Russo
05-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Certainly didn't mean to offend you, Bill. Your question had a "joe home-owner" ring to it, so I gave you a "joe home-owner" answer. I'll try to be more considerate in the future.

Craig Turf Management
05-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Scraper,
Dude! You didn't offend me in any way. Thanks a bunch for your input.
Take care, Bill Craig!

HBFOXJr
05-01-2002, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure, but some products give the mix for hand held spot spray. I have info here but not at finger tips for Drive. It may??? be there if you read fully.

KirbysLawn
05-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Bill, if your sprayer is spraying 2 gallon per k you mix 1.5 oz per 4 gallons.

Craig Turf Management
05-02-2002, 07:24 AM
Thanks Ray.
Bill Craig

morturf
05-03-2002, 01:22 AM
There should be a scoop in the Drive Bottle that is calibrated to the .367oz. thing.

grassman69
05-13-2002, 09:06 PM
i used drive last yr, w medium results, using lesco spreader sticker or an agricultural sticker called metholated seed oil?
could only find this @ my local farm bureau co-op...
i will use it again this year in another spray type piece of equipment, i already have 3 centri ride on spreader/sprayersand am ready to try to spray drive/sticker this yr. through this low volume application.
i felt i was unhappy only in part to the fact that i also applied it by backpack sprayer last yr and did a great volume of it...
when i had lots of manual spraying to do along w/ regular production, i found that even thorough coverage was probably comprimised, although not intentionally.
i did have a fellow emplyee tech doing these apps and really look forward to the opportunityto try w/ more sucess this year...
if you want it done right make sure you do it yourself...lol...i too suggest using a large volume sprayer to apply an even wet thorough coverage..turned mine into round-up sprayer when i bought my ride-on spreader/sprayer
i plant hydroseed ALL season and do have a tough battle w/ crabgrass every june and july.... so spending the money early summer on drive did and will save me lots of free overseeding in fall and labor too
yes, there is a small measuring spoon in the powder/dry product container. calibrate,mix,&spray
good luck:blob3: