PDA

View Full Version : What equipment to get

TCU
09-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I have a echo gas trimmer, a tanaka stick edger, and a craftsman 21" lawn mower with a briggs and stratton engine which is 5.5 torque. What equipment do i need to start a business i have 500$. I'm guessing that i need a blower.

lawnenvy
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I've got some bad news for you. You will not make it in this business with only $500. If you do, I'm impressed. Many retailers have credit programs you can used. Just as important, if not more important than investing in equipment is your investment in marketing. Without marketing, you'll have a hard time finding new customers. Without new customers, your investment in $$ and time is fruitless.

clean_cut
09-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, a payment plan might work, but you could hardy buy a commercial blower for under $500. What are you going to use for gas, repairs, advertisment, etc.

mjealey
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
You stand a chance if you have some older neighbors that feel bad for you and just want a good young kid to have some money. I started mowing 15 years ago when I was 14, and when I started all i had was a Craftsman rider that was my parents. They knew what I wanted to do and they just let me do it because they know I wanted to mow. They paid me $20 weekly and I did that for the whole summer and were talking about 1+ acre lots in our neighberhood. Started mowing another neighbor and my parents helped me out and bought a lot better John Deere rider to take the next step. Then got enough work to purchase my own commercial equipment in college.

Sounds stupid, bit some neighbors started letting me mow just to be nice to help me out and it really did.

It can be done, but it takes a little help and some patience and disciplined saving