PDA

View Full Version : White eggs destroying lawn please help

Griffy99
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone, Can you please help me identify what this is? I am in Minnesota and this just started showing up in the last 2 weeks. The grass is nice and green but there are brown patches that are sporadic and wherever there is a tint of brown, you see these white eggs/sacs attached to the grass blades and it is turning them brown. There are places now that are showing allot of brownish/red and the grass is just covered with these.

I have looked for insects and cannot find any. If you squeeze these, there is a orangish goo that comes out. We have never had any problems with bugs/insects at this property.

If you need anything else that would help identify this, please let me know and i will get it for you.

I am sorry about the quality of the pictures. My camera is on it's way out. I am going to stop tomorrow and get some new pictures of these in the actual lawn.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RigglePLC
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I cannot see much. Could be fungus. Red thread and dollarspot have been common recently. Also rust disease.

suzook
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
If you need anything else that would help identify this, please let me know and i will get it for you.

You really need better pics.

Griffy99
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Ya, I should not have posted this until tomorrow when I have better pictures. I will post tomorrow with some better pics. Thank you for the replies.