PDA

View Full Version : Core Aeration on large areas

rcreech
09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
In the past I have not done a lot of core aerations on larger lawns (greater then 2 acres).

I have a 3 pt 60" and a 3 pt 72" and I have only used them on lawns less then 2 acres and sport fields. Don't have a clue where to charge on larger commercials.

What in the heck would you guys charge for 3-4 acre lawns. I also have a 11 acre lawn to do.

Know what I would charge....but don't want to leave any money on the table.

Thanks,
RC

grassman177
09-01-2009, 09:57 PM
3-4 acre, as long as it is not too cut up, $1500-$2000. just guessing though, we price all places on difficulty and size in a formula.

grass4gas
09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
11 acres equals 484,000 square feet. If you charged lets say $10/k that comes out to $4800. A good chunck of change.

Even at $5/k that is $2400. Maybe some where in the middle.

Can one person do this in one day? How about 2 people? Wide open, or a cluster f%%K?

RABBITMAN11
09-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Easy ................

Grandview
09-02-2009, 07:53 AM
On large jobs, I figure what I would make in normal day and make sure I get that. Price it to high and you can leave all the money on the table, customer just says no.

GrazerZ
09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
around here, guys doing large areas are in the 150 per acre range because of size. if you can aerate an acre in a hour thats decent money. of course the scale of cost goes the other way dramatically the smaller it gets.

rcreech
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
I typically charge around $220 an acre...but from the few I have talked to on here that sounds really low!

Just wanted to see where you guys were at as there just isn't as big of a demand on the larger lawns...and I think a lot of it just comes down to the cost.

grassman177
09-02-2009, 09:59 PM
it seems to use that aeration pricing differs greatly from company to company. we get a large range here, some being triple our prices and some being a bit cheaper. good luck

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
09-02-2009, 10:59 PM
3-4 acre, as long as it is not too cut up, $1500-$2000. just guessing though, we price all places on difficulty and size in a formula.

Wow! You'de never get that around here! Does that include seed? 3-4 acres is 1.5-2.0 hrs. on a Z-Plugger

Puttinggreens
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Alot depends on how thorough you are going and how much time it takes.

For example the 3 to 4 acres on a Z-plugger would take us all day, but we almost always go 4 times over each area. We are charging a higher rate but we spend the extra time to be thorough for a least the first two years.

txgrassguy
09-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Cost is location specific.
On large scale jobs, particularly those that will be reoccurring on a schedule I have found it best to determine the maintenance budget allocated to the property.
Then I can address not only the original estimate but have actually absorbed more work as I was able to hit my profit margins quicker than whatever staff or company was previously on-site.

And on a few occasions I walked away as the budget was too low to support the maintenance requirements of the site.

A good example: I'm called for an irrigation/landscaping quote. Developer had no idea what was involved for a decent, code compliant job. The previous alleged contractor horribly screwed up two previous houses. Sold a site inspection report to the developer for $175.00 to help him get the previous contractor to correct problems. We then ended up with an agreement that all future work would be done on a percentile basis according to the home's taxed value instead of what the developer thought the job(s) were worth which actually meant I was making more money, not less, than addressing individual tasks.

The one thing Ill NEVER do again is accept a proposal for work on a "we'll figure it out" basis.
Tried that ONE time and ended up out over $4000.00 plus looking like a bigger chump than I am.

lawn king
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
I like to get $200. per acre for my tractor and my woods pl72. I will post pictures of my new equipment as soon as my new computers arrive. I had a meltdown and my 10 year old hp is all done! I have a new hp being built today an a netbook on order from zareason. Im very excited about the netbook as i went with linux for the operating system!

Josh.S
09-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I like to get $200. per acre for my tractor and my woods pl72. I will post pictures of my new equipment as soon as my new computers arrive. I had a meltdown and my 10 year old hp is all done! I have a new hp being built today an a netbook on order from zareason. Im very excited about the netbook as i went with linux for the operating system!

Are you aerating them once or twice for that rate? Just wondering.

lawn king
09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Are you aerating them once or twice for that rate? Just wondering. Once over, the woods 3 point aerator has 96 tines. It pulls lots of deep,thick, quality plugs.