PDA

View Full Version : Phosphorus for liquid program

snking1
09-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a liquid program and I am trying to line up some product for next year. Does anyone know of a liquid or meltable (if that's a word) phosphorus product that's not priced out of this world? Most of the macro nutrients I use are incomplete and I have to mix my own. Also trying to find some Uflexx or Hydrexx in this area. I'm in the metro Atlanta area so if anyone know of anyone let me know. Thanks.

Shawn

greendoctor
09-02-2009, 02:33 AM
On the rare occasion that I need to add P to a liquid mix, that comes from greenhouse grade 20-20-20. It is water soluble. I do have to warn you that there is no such thing as a cheap source of P. The other alternative is to add solution grade MAP(monammonium phosphate). I have not ordered this in a long time so have no idea what it costs now. Fertilizer grade phosphoric acid is another possibility.

greendoctor
09-02-2009, 04:39 AM
One more thing I neglected to add. P source and micronutrient sources need to be thought about if you are making complete solution fertilizers. Sulfates of metals and P form precipitates. The 20-20-20 I refer to does have a micronutrient package added to it, however there is not enough iron and manganese to keep grass attractive.

RigglePLC
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Do not use Phos unless you actually need it. Get a few soil tests for your main neighborhoods. Listen to the recommendations of North Carolina or the best local university grass professors. Phos has been banned in some states due to assumed the contribution to algae blooms in lakes. We don't miss it.