PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen sink

tthomass
09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Do you normally run both hot and cold water or just cold/tap? Water that goes down the sink, where is it plumbed to?

P.Services
09-01-2009, 11:18 PM
are you asking about a outdoor kitchen sink? may wana clear that up.

tthomass
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
haha, yes...........I do exterior landscapes/hardscapes, not interior

P.Services
09-01-2009, 11:29 PM
hey man, at first i thought maybe you were plumbing your new house and needed some help.

tthomass
09-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Nah, just trying to get some things sorted out on a design. Thanks though.

P.Services
09-01-2009, 11:44 PM
sounds like its gona be a nice one based on the threads you just started. Assuming both pertain to the design.

oakhillslandscaping
09-02-2009, 06:46 PM
i have only done one and we ran just cold water, what we did is had a plumber install a second irrigation spigot and ran an hose like under ground to the faucet we made it so it could be blown out with the irrigation in the fall. this was back in 2005 i havent been to see if it still works hahaha prolly not the best way to install it but it was a learning curve for the company i was with and myself

paponte
09-02-2009, 07:23 PM
We normally run hot and cold, unless they specify only cold. We shoot out the basement with rigid copper interior, and flex exterior with insulation wrapping.We do shutoff valves inside with blowouts inline outside. We use 50gal drywells for the drain with a vent under the sink so it doesn't gargle on you. hope that helped.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
09-03-2009, 12:05 AM
we only put cold water taps in. we connect in the craw space and run in conduit to the sink. as far as the drainage goes, most times we run sch40 4" pipe to daylight and let that be it. we just tell the customer that all they can use the water for is filling things up or washing dishes they can not wash food down the drain etc. if it is suitable with propper drop, we will connect to the drains in the house. most times though, you can't get propper drop to do this. you could burry a sistern to catch it, but what do you do when that gets clogged up with grease or something.

Pro-Scapes
09-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Usually clients choice but it is sometimes easier to install a 5 gallon heater out there and insulate it. We dont have the freeze problems you northern boys have so blow outs just dont happen down here.

frumdig
09-04-2009, 12:22 AM
ive always wondered the water safety of these setups, i see alot of our irrigation systems have tie-ins for sinks/ice makers etc.
all of them tied into the irrigaiton mainline after the RP/backflow device.

this cant be to code nor safe, esp with the increased chance of a pipe break in the mainline, trash dirt and debris that may get in the pipe. not to mention backflow.

ive also seen the drain line just run into a small gravel pit.

sure it all works, but if you can afford an outdoor kitchen and patio, i think the plumbing should be done correct. not sure on codes for the gravel pit drain. but i dont see much harmfull waste going down an outdoor sink.

i can see skipping out on the hot water, but it shouldnt be that difficult to do the extra trenching for the proper cold water tie-in.

-Evan