PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB651T Blower Dying After Start - Please Help

jondcoleman
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Here's the deal:

About a week ago we noticed oil and gas spitting out of the carb into the air filter. Changed the air filter and kept an eye on it. Definitely not spitting out as much but still a little bit.

Now the blower will start but dies within 5-10 seconds (I can play with the choke to get it to run for maybe 15-20.

I have:
- removed spark arrestor (muffler screen)
- changed spark plug
- changed fuel filter
- changed air filter
- disassembled and cleaned carburetor

I don't know if the gas and oil leaking out has anything to do with it or not.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

ed2hess
09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Maybe the head gasket is shot....or one of the crankshaft seals is out. How old is this unit? Also replace the breather but no likely the problem.

carriedrewdog
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Try removing the muffler and cleaning the exhaust port. A bit of a longer shot would be to check the flywheel key (ignition timing thrown off).

jondcoleman
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Maybe the head gasket is shot....or one of the crankshaft seals is out. How old is this unit? Also replace the breather but no likely the problem.

How would I test for these things? Thanks for the replies.

ed2hess
09-09-2009, 06:01 PM
If the head gasket is out or the crank seal you would see a lot of oil mix around those areas.

sanchezmechanic
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
first of all like carriedredog said muffler off, clean exhaust port on the cylinder, if not do leakdown test or pressure test, also this model have a carburetor that can be adjusted, on my opinion take it to experience two cycle mechanic, you can damage the engine if you not doing it rigth,