PDA

View Full Version : why so few posts?

teejet
09-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I remember reading a lot of threads on here a couple years ago. Now when I visit this forum the threads are few. Did everyone go somewhere else?:confused:

White Gardens
09-04-2009, 08:09 AM
When LS incorporated this LHCSite into LS, then it seemed the numbers dropped off.

I wish they would go back to the old style where the Landscaping section was a part of Lawnsite, and not a separate entity as I really enjoyed this part of the forum.

jeffslawnservice
09-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I just got into reading alot of these threads because over time I have learned to like landscaping more than mowing lawns. i am now persuing more landscape work that maintenance work. Landscaping never gets boring but mowing can. Lets post more in this section!!!!!!

Turf Logic
09-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Ive looked for other forums but there doesnt seem to be any more activity anywhere else.

yamadooski
09-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I would blame Obama. He didn't send any stimulus money our way the small business person. Not to many people doing landscaping so no projects to talk about.
The other thing is that most only landscapers are more smarter than lawn guys because we don't get on here and tell the entire world our secrets to doing business and brag about our profit margin.

Go on the lawn guy section and I preach all the time to stop giving out so much information. If you cant figure out our to run your own business without getting on here and asking questions and have some of us tell you how to run your business you have no right owning a business.

I honestly believe 75% of lawn guys are dumb and uneducated and don't know simple math calculations to run a lawn business and then those same idiots try and do landscaping too.

What did some of us do when there was no internet. DAH...we sat there and used the brain GOD gave us and figured it out.

White Gardens
09-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I would blame Obama. He didn't send any stimulus money our way the small business person. Not to many people doing landscaping so no projects to talk about.
The other thing is that most only landscapers are more smarter than lawn guys because we don't get on here and tell the entire world our secrets to doing business and brag about our profit margin.

Go on the lawn guy section and I preach all the time to stop giving out so much information. If you cant figure out our to run your own business without getting on here and asking questions and have some of us tell you how to run your business you have no right owning a business.

I honestly believe 75% of lawn guys are dumb and uneducated and don't know simple math calculations to run a lawn business and then those same idiots try and do landscaping too.

What did some of us do when there was no internet. DAH...we sat there and used the brain GOD gave us and figured it out.

Oh man, you really want to tick some people off don't ya. :hammerhead:

I can't wait to see the responses to that post.

yamadooski
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Look at all the questions in the Lawn section. It speaks for itself.
One guy ask, "which mower should I get for $5,000.? Well gee whiz look at what everyone is using around you not some guy on that live is 2,000 miles away and has different grass and conditions.

It's common sense look at what others do around you and make and informed decision.
Then all the questions that have to do with calculating and measurements and etc., etc...
Get out a stinking calculator and figure it out, I'm not going to get on here and do it for you.
There are several that slam people for uneducated questions. Its kinda like me paying taxes for someone else well being just because I exist. Just because I exist means I owe to someone else.
If these people deadbeat so called lawn care business owners keep asking and at least trying to figure things out for themselves, they will never get anywheres. That is almost like doing my sons homework for him so he can go out a play football sooner.
In all the years on here I think i only asked 1 question about a how far to put a seating bench from a fire pit. That is only cause it's 95* here when I asked that I cant do it myself cause we were already hot and sweaty by the time we get the fire going you could not get an accurate distance and I couldn't tell the customer to wait till January so I can do my testing and do it right.
But I never asked a question in the lawn section.
I would like to see what would happen if "Lawn-site" and all other lawn care forums shut down for 1 year?
That will be my first question on Lawn mowing section...:usflag:

jeffslawnservice
09-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I am just starting and I also work for another landscaper and since I started I know I have asked some dumb question on lawn site in the lawn forums but since I started to do actual landscape work I have started to like landscaping more than mowing so I usually just read these landscape forums. But if lawn site closed for one year if would be mass chaos with some maintenance guys not knowing how to do with their work.

White Gardens
09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
But if lawn site closed for one year if would be mass chaos with some maintenance guys not knowing how to do with their work.

I respond to the "stupid" questions only because I want to help others with their biz.

Yes, reading a good book on landscaping, or working for another CO. will help you learn, but it's nice to talk to other individuals in the landscaping industry that isn't your close competition.

I sure as heck can't go ask my close competitors for advice, but I'll take advice from other members that aren't in my market.

On the other hand, I do agree that some questions are a little on the dim side and it makes me wonder if those individuals are going to succeed in the the green industry.

Ultimately though, to me, no question is a stupid question. A question is only the willingness to learn.

yamadooski
09-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Yes I agree really no question is a stupid question. I guess it has to do with how much the individual person really wants to learn. Learn on their own or just have it handed to them.

When we started, AOL was just getting launched. I was on the Internet way before it became as it is today even before AOL.
So we had to learn everything from scratch. We became good friends with local LCO's. Mostly we watched others as they worked as we took a break.
We looked at other set ups driving down the road. We looked at others advertising and said how can we improve that to our liking.

I remember when I saw my first ZTR , it was a Dixon. The guy was doing triple the amount of work than we did. Now if the LS was available then everyone would be on there asking all sorts of questions. Me I took one look at that Dixon and went shopping at all the dealers, gathered all my information and bought my Dixie Chopper and watched our revenue quadruple in 2 months.

4 seasons lawn&land
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
It's alot of bashing really... I think it drove off more than a few.