PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Q4?

PLM-1
09-03-2009, 03:40 AM
My supplier is trying to push Q4 on me. Anyone have any experience with this product? What is your application rate? I am having trouble controlling barnyard grass with Target 6.6 or Acclaim. Dimension pre-emergent didn't seem to help me out this year...:cry:

grassman177
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
we use it, with surfactant of course. it works very well, but at h9ome here am unsure if it is labled for barnyardgrass. check the label

SimonCX
09-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I was told not to use a surfactant because q4 already has some in it, otherwise it's a good product for almost any grassy weeds and nutsedge.

Josh.S
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
I use it with a surfactant and without a surfactant. Worked well either way for me. I can kill mostly anything with it.. crabgrass, ect...

I don't know anything about your barnyard grass though. I think I mixed it at 3 oz per k, but I can't remember.

Think Green
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
PLM-1
Fenoxyprop
Quinclorac
Clethodim

I have been smoking barnyard, smooth crabgrass, dallisgrass, tufted lovegrass and some sedges--Green Kyllinga with Target 6. What is the rate you are using and what is the average daytime temp in your area.??
I am straight 1 oz. per gallon on spot spraying. In the skid, I am mixxing it at 1.5 oz. per K with 2 gallons per K application rate. I am adding an extra quart per 100 gallons of water of Surfac 80/20 because the stuff in Target isn't cutting the mustard on contact!!
I don't know what everyone else has discovered, but no 2.5 gallon containers have the same consistency of liquid as the next.????????????????? Hell, it is from the same maker isn't it.??

grassman177
09-03-2009, 11:01 PM
q4 is 3oz per K. works great, but no control here without a surfactant, it will just run off the target weeds.

grassman177
09-03-2009, 11:02 PM
i recently used some trimec plus and re fell in love with that stuff. it smoked everything but the grass, of course it has msma.

mngrassguy
09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Q4 is good stuff but expensive. 3-way plus drive works just as good at a lot less expense. Not sure about barnyard grass. jmo

greendoctor
09-04-2009, 05:08 AM
PLM-1
Fenoxyprop
Quinclorac
Clethodim

I have been smoking barnyard, smooth crabgrass, dallisgrass, tufted lovegrass and some sedges--Green Kyllinga with Target 6. What is the rate you are using and what is the average daytime temp in your area.??
I am straight 1 oz. per gallon on spot spraying. In the skid, I am mixxing it at 1.5 oz. per K with 2 gallons per K application rate. I am adding an extra quart per 100 gallons of water of Surfac 80/20 because the stuff in Target isn't cutting the mustard on contact!!
I don't know what everyone else has discovered, but no 2.5 gallon containers have the same consistency of liquid as the next.????????????????? Hell, it is from the same maker isn't it.??

Consistency of the concentrate varies by brand on the MSMA. I have yet to find one that will wet and spread over weeds as is. That is even with fan nozzles applying at 2 gallons per 1000 at 40 PSI. I don't know what it is, I need to add 3 pints nonionic surfactant per 100 to get it to work. Safe to say that the surfactant added to MSMA is not worth beans.

tremor
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Try using Quincept with MSO instead of Q4 for nutsedge.

cheaper - stronger - better

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld8E1002.pdf

grassman177
09-07-2009, 04:27 AM
i may give it a try, are you well pleased with it then, and do you spray low vol?

grassman177
09-07-2009, 04:33 AM
oh, not for nutsedge, it is not on the label and none of those chems will touch it in quincept although a very nice addition to the arsonal i think

ro1207
09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Try using Quincept with MSO instead of Q4 for nutsedge.

cheaper - stronger - better

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld8E1002.pdf
I Agree, you should give Quincept a try. Both Q4 & Quincept are good products and work well except Quincept has a full load of Quinclorac. Q4 does not have a full load, I think it is only 75% of full lable rate of Quinclorac.

Josh.S
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I Agree, you should give Quincept a try. Both Q4 & Quincept are good products and work well except Quincept has a full load of Quinclorac. Q4 does not have a full load, I think it is only 75% of full lable rate of Quinclorac.

Q4 is only half rate of Quinclorac. The Sulfentrazone (pardon my spelling) makes the Quinclorac hotter and makes Q4 effective on crabgrass despite having less Quinclorac.