PDA

View Full Version : getting an llc?

shutzero
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
hey guys does anyone know how to get an llc in CT and how much it costs?

C&K
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I can't speak for CT. But it costs around 300 per year in TN. You can usually do it online or you can get a lawyer. We dissolved ours. It wasn't worth having since we keep 1 million gen liabilty. I don't think you need much more coverage than that.

mowerbrad
09-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Here in Michigan I just went to our accountant and had her set it up for me. She filed all the paperwork and everything, so all I had to do was meet with her for about 15 minutes and she got everything set for me. It took a couple days to get all the paperwork filed, but for $150 it was cheaper than having my lawyer do it for $500. And I don't have to pay a yearly fee either.

STIHL GUY
09-05-2009, 12:14 AM
i have head that in CT you do not need to be registered and pay taxes unless you make over $10 grand a year. i dont really believe it but i have heard it form a couple diffrent people

bohiaa
09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
i have head that in CT you do not need to be registered and pay taxes unless you make over $10 grand a year. i dont really believe it but i have heard it form a couple diffrent people

in texas it's 5...

there advantages to becomming an LLC. but you will loose a lot of programs developed for the small business.

depending on your situwation, it may NOT be a good thing.

shutzero
09-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Like what?
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
09-07-2009, 09:46 AM
$300 a year? Holy crap, what a rip off. It's $125 flat fee in PA. My lawyer set it all up for me. He filed it for me for free, and in return I did some work at his house.

Some states also don't allow sole-member LLC's. I don't like PA that much, apparently it's one of the more business-friendly states.

For me, it was a no brainer. I get the limited liability, and I get taxed the same as a sole proprietor.

bohiaa
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Like what?
Posted via Mobile Device

There again you will have to check your state laws.

in Texas a DBA. you don't have to have workers comp. under 6 employees.
you don't have to collect tax unless you profet 5000.00
Once you hire an employee, even one your no longer eligible for those and others, cant remember all of them now.