PDA

View Full Version : Solo Cleanups

BigMike450
09-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Anyone using a truck loader by themselves? Is working out well or is it a pita?

Mowbizz
09-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Sure...all last season. It works out GREAT!
I blow or otherwise move all the leaves to the roadside with my mower/blower trailer...then I go get my dump trailer/with leaf box and truck loader....vacuum up the leaves, and voila! Yes it's double the driving time but that's the definition of "solo"
The only thing simpler would be having a helper to bring my dump trailer along for the pick up...

mowerbrad
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Sure...all last season. It works out GREAT!
I blow or otherwise move all the leaves to the roadside with my mower/blower trailer...then I go get my dump trailer/with leaf box and truck loader....vacuum up the leaves, and voila! Yes it's double the driving time but that's the definition of "solo"
The only thing simpler would be having a helper to bring my dump trailer along for the pick up...

If I were you I would get a wb blower and good bp blower (br-600 or equivilent) and a couple rakes. Put those in the back of your truck and tow the dump trailer at the same time. Then just use the blowers to get the leaves to the curb, the wb blowers will leave the lawn very clean. That would take the extra driving out of your clean-up jobs.

I had a truck loader last year. It really worked great, but the unit just didn't have the capacity that I needed, I was having to unload it far too often. So if you have a wb blower and big bp blower you should easily be able to do the clean-ups easily by yourself, so long that your container you are filling with leaves has a good capacity.

Mowbizz
09-05-2009, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=mowerbrad;3173713]If I were you I would get a wb blower and good bp blower (br-600 or equivilent) and a couple rakes. Put those in the back of your truck and tow the dump trailer at the same time. Then just use the blowers to get the leaves to the curb, the wb blowers will leave the lawn very clean. That would take the extra driving out of your clean-up jobs.

Nope...need the mowers to give the "finished" look to the lawn...I have all the equipment I need...it's just on 2 different trailers...I won't be lifting any heavy walk behind blowers into the bed of my F250...that's work! Again...need that ZTR for the "finish" :drinkup:

STIHL GUY
09-07-2009, 06:44 PM
can you mount the loader on the front of your trailer??

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I have my loader mounted on my plow mount, blows into 5 yard box on my dump insert. Pull a trailer with all mowers blowers etc,

sven1277
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
DRM, do you have pics of that, thinking about doing the same thing.

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM
they are on here....I will find the link

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=247276

here it is

Kennedy Landscaping
09-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I blow out all beds, behind all shrubs and little spaces like that. Then blow everything from the yard to my trailer. At the trailer I've got my vacuum system where I blow all the newly shredded leaves into my box and I'm off to the next job. Usually things don't work out as simple as it sounds though haha.

anotherturfgeek
09-10-2009, 09:58 AM
A whole cleanup and solo is alot of work any way you go about it. The loader solo is a pita but by far better than anything else...

corey4671
09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
If I were you I would get a wb blower and good bp blower (br-600 or equivilent) and a couple rakes. Put those in the back of your truck and tow the dump trailer at the same time. Then just use the blowers to get the leaves to the curb, the wb blowers will leave the lawn very clean. That would take the extra driving out of your clean-up jobs.

This is what I do. My trailer is a 6x10 with 5 ft sides. I use an aluminum ramp to load my WB blower in the back of the truck. Most my yards are large and the leaf litter is scattered. I can get away with simply mulching most of my yards. However there are smaller yards that I have no other option than to haul the leaves away. Worked great. LAst year was my first year with this setup.