PDA

View Full Version : zspray max castor and wheels/tires for sale

grassman177
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
i posted this on the marketplace as well, but you al know we have a zspray max. well two weeks ago or less i bent the right front castor so we had to get replacements. the original are the older style and we had to switch to the new ones. so, we have the left complete castor and wheel/tire plus extra wheel/tire for sale for spare parts etc

we are asking $75 plus shipping and will clean them off for you as you would expect they are a bit dirty with fert and the like. thanks

turf hokie
09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
If it goes on a 2005 model I'll take it.
845-494-3781 cell

Bryan

edit: I just realized I need to replace the right castor as well, Crap, looks like I will be in the same boat as you.

grassman177
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
yes it does and sorry to hear that, thanks though. anyone else!?

brizine
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
How the hell are you bending castors? My zmax would have to fall off the truck going down the road to bend those things. Mine is a 2009, are they different than older models?

turf hokie
09-05-2009, 08:33 AM
It aint easy. Mine got tweaked when I slid off a hill that I should not have been on. At the bottom of the hill was a 10 inch curb into a parking lot. The machine went over the curb at a 45 degree angle and hit the castor just right with a full hopper.

I actually jumped off the machine, it is the only time I ever came close to putting the z on its side. It was a lesson well learned.

br549oicu8
09-05-2009, 11:28 AM
How the hell are you bending castors? My zmax would have to fall off the truck going down the road to bend those things. Mine is a 2009, are they different than older models?

Ours is a couple of years old so it probably has the older castor design. We decided to upgrade to the new design. Not sure exactly how Grassman bent the one, but all I know is it is upgraded now. The tire/wheel assembly is fine.
Grassman (my son) uses the max the most out of the guys and has some tough properties so he may have hit a pothole while fully loaded with fert and liquid.

At any rate, it's a good deal if you check what new ones cost.

grassman177
09-06-2009, 11:58 AM
yes, i thought i said this, but i have several newer seeded large acreage lawns. they have some pretty deep ruts from wash out. i was going along and cought it sideways in one of these ruts. unfortunate, but perhaps preventalbe . the momentum, angle of impact and full load bent this one side. they are quite fine of a castor and if your model is more than 2 yrs old then they have this style already. so, it could be a great extra for cheap for someone that has one of this age! thanks

grassman177
09-08-2009, 12:10 AM
bumpiddy bump

grassman177
12-15-2009, 01:26 AM
bumping again, will get pics if interested, just post or pm me and i can tell you more info. thanks

Rayholio
12-16-2009, 12:00 PM
mine are bent.. I guess just from bouncing thru potholes in ppls lawns with a full load.. Mine lock up on the spray boom if I try to do a 360 degree turn.. I've got about 2 more days work, then I'm gonna provide a season end report on my Z.. it hasn't done so well..

grassman177
12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
i am sorry to hear that, i look forward to your experiences(in another thread please) and what kind of hell you put it through this year.

this caster and wheels/tires will fit models in 2007 and back i believe. these parts are in good shape, just dirty.