PDA

View Full Version : Training video question

SangerLawn
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I have spent some time this year filming a training video that I plan on using to help train new people. Half way through filming I started thinking about possibly marketing it. Again, take notice to that huge POSSIBLY. Just so everyone knows, it is not for sale and I have no idea if I am going to continue perusing this.

Here is my question:

I contacted this site about advertising if we decided to go through with this idea but I forgot to ask about advertising in a thread. Does anyone know if that is allowed? I see it done all the time but it is normally done by people with only 1 post.

Since I am already asking about it, does anyone think there is a market for it? It covers mowing, trimming, edging, and striping. Like I said, it was meant to train my new hires so it goes into extreme detail. It is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes long with about 45 minutes of actual video of methods in use while on properties we were mowing at that time. It does not cover marketing, paper work, or anything else having to do with running a business.

Make sure everyone knows. This is not for sale right now. I am in the middle of copy righting it just incase someone takes off out of my shop with it. I was told it could take up to 6 months for the copy right office to send me the papers on it. At that point I will determine if I want to sell it or not.

mowerbrad
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I am somewhat undecided about this. The only issue that I see is that your methods may differ from someone else's methods. But really that shouldn't be a huge issue as long as the employee(s) use the equipment properly, that is the main goal. However, I don't really see there being a huge market for this video but I could be wrong.