PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use Flowtec Drainage pipe

ALLPro Landscaping
09-04-2009, 11:38 PM
www.ICCFlowtech.com its an engineered drainage pipe for french drains foundation drains etc no need for gravel. well anyway I just used it my first time on a foundation drain, total of 336 ft pretty easy to install, did it my self in one day. Just wanting to here opinions on this product, I hope it holds up well. ill post pics of the job im doing with this pipe in the morning.

forestfireguy
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Looks interesting, what's the cost compared to corrugated black or schedule 40 ? I could see it as useful picking up surface water if used shallow, but for a curtain drain or other deeper applications the gravel is kind of the point, filling your trench with gravel gives the water a path of less resistance and drops it into your pipe to be disposed of either with grade and daylight/curbline outlet or a drywell/cistern. So I've never used it and probably won't but maybe for surface water issues.

ALLPro Landscaping
09-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeh I agree but the manufacture says to stack them, kinda like I did with the foundation I did, I wanted to post pics but we didn't take any of the pipe, im going up on wed to back fill after the inspector gets their, so im gonna take a few. they are only 4" X 10ft sections, I pay 29.00 for a 10ft section, If you think about gravel cost and trucking cost, add the pipe then add labor and or a skid steer, your over head on the job is up their. All you do with this stuff is dig your trench rake it out make it nice, then lay in the pipe and back fill. its 1-2-3, the only thing I am a little worried about is how well its going to hold up. The manufacture says it should hold up for 100 years, we will see

forestfireguy
09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I'd never thought of stacking them, that's interesting. Though I don't know if I buy that 100 year lifetime. And how would it support a load ? My only fear really, for a foundation drain stacking seems ok as there wouldn't be a load near the foundation. But further away I don't know. How long have they been around?

ALLPro Landscaping
09-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Im not sure about the load yet, Ill just have to wait and see, I spoke with a few other guys in my are and they love this stuff. Also spoke with an architect the other day, The job im doing cause of the heavy compaction of the clay the rear wall is bowed in, we supported the wall with steel I beams, and stacked this stuff, so far the building inspector and architect are very happy.