PDA

View Full Version : Help identify plants

davis45
09-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Can anyone tell me what the two circled are?

I also do not take care of this yard nor did I landscape it.

Sweet Tater
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
need a closer pic of it, from that distance it could be several things

davis45
09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
need a closer pic of it, from that distance it could be several things

Can you name a few similar trees that are about that size? I need a small weeping tree similar to this.

Think Green
09-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Looks like a Quanzan Cherry-Deciduous, and the other is a balled holly!!
Weeping mulberry--Deciduous may be another choice for you to plant.
I can't recall too many more of the weeping varieties other than a willow.
The cherry, mulberry are the best for smaller locations compared to the willow.

cudaclan
09-05-2009, 09:11 PM
From this view:

Weeping Cherry

http://images.google.com/images?q=weeping+cherry&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=9wqjSomGGNSllAfX7JX1CA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1

The topiary design can be made from spruce and junipers

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&resnum=0&q=evergreen%20topiary&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

davis45
09-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys!

Think Green, I thought it was a weeping mulberry also but I thought the grew to be alot bigger?

Plants are my rough spot, obviously. I think I might take a couple Hort. and design classes at the local community college if I can fit them in next season.

White Gardens
09-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys!

Think Green, I thought it was a weeping mulberry also but I thought the grew to be alot bigger?

Plants are my rough spot, obviously. I think I might take a couple Hort. and design classes at the local community college if I can fit them in next season.

Where are you located Davis ??

davis45
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Where are you located Davis ??

By Decatur. Not toooo far from you.

Think Green
09-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I totally forgot about the weeping Yaupon, however it can get pretty large and tall.
The pic you gave appears to be a weeping cherry and not a mulberry. The mulberry has larger foliage and longer limbs and usually is taller in stature. This doesn't look like a yaupon either, as they foliage is smaller and more dense. It has all the faint features of a cherry sp.
I do not hold a hort degree! I am in a family business that has been in this field for over 35 years, and I have been in this side of the biz for 19 years. There isn't many plants that I haven't seen or planted in most locations. Sometimes, a particular variety goes through phases or design trends. Designs will come and go, but trends will remerge.
Right now, xeriscapes are slowly moving in on our area..........low maintenance and arid looks. The southern golf course design is dominant with all the sedge grasses.
Take all you can...............read all you can..................partake in local nurseries and get to know the names and species of plants. It can only help you recall the shapes and sizes.

Sweet Tater
09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
you could try a weeping twisted redbud also. thats a nice tree

mdlwn1
09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Looks like a snow fountain cherry