09-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Opinions

Bush Trimming
Edging
2 Yards Mulch
4.5 hours labor
dumping fee

$370

it's already billed so I am not looking for an estimate just opinions on my charge.

White Gardens
09-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds about right for my market.

I would maybe try to push for closer to 415. But, you might end up having to do a little more labor, so that would push you up.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
If it take you less then 3 man hrs to do the trimmng YES . If you alreadeay have that in your man hrs Thats good. Unless your dump fee is more then mine !!.
I would take it if I had the time to do it !!!

MDLawn
09-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Charged it no problem and even got a phone call compliment. I agree with the over $400 although his lawn is a super easy cut and is at one of my higher prices so I give him a little deal. Great customer too, super easy to work with. Hoping for referrals from him.

Thanks guys.

93Chevy
09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Sounds like you made out pretty good. I'd even rather charge a little less here and there if I know the customer is worth it.

STIHL GUY
09-06-2009, 11:13 PM
seems alright

JNyz
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Would be a little higher in my area [400.00] but not bad.

MDLawn
09-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Sounds about right for my market.

I would maybe try to push for closer to 415. But, you might end up having to do a little more labor, so that would push you up.

Thought about this a little. Forgot to charge the windshield time to the dump, arrggh. I had to split it into 2 days because I started it at the end of the day and only included time I spent at the property. It isn't as close as I would like it to be but it is free to dump. (yes I have figured it out that it is cheaper to drive the extra mile or two than pay at the nearer dump) That would have brought it over $400. I seem to forget things like that, just put my head down and get to working and only think about those hours. Again they are a great maintenance customer that never complains about dumb stuff so they are a joy to work for.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds about right to me.

anotherturfgeek
09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
pretty fair price depending on how many bushes you have

White Gardens
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Thought about this a little. Forgot to charge the windshield time to the dump, arrggh. I had to split it into 2 days because I started it at the end of the day and only included time I spent at the property. It isn't as close as I would like it to be but it is free to dump. (yes I have figured it out that it is cheaper to drive the extra mile or two than pay at the nearer dump) That would have brought it over $400. I seem to forget things like that, just put my head down and get to working and only think about those hours. Again they are a great maintenance customer that never complains about dumb stuff so they are a joy to work for.

It happens.

One thing that I've learned when estimating, is that there will always be details you'll never think about until you are into a project.

I just try to compensate by making my estimates about 10- 15 percent higher. Just don't forget to charge for the details in the final bill.

You hit the nail on the head though, if it's a quality customer, then you'll get more biz from the word of mouth.