PDA

View Full Version : Re-powered my Snapper RER

kogafortwo
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM
After spending weeks pushing a 21" around my yard in the South Carolina heat, trying hard to diagnose my engine troubles, and finally figuring out that my valve guides were shot (thanks to Restrorob and Fixdiss), I got a great deal on an 8 HP replacement B&S from a dealer in town who had some new-old engines on the shelf. I am dropping from 12 to 8 HP, but with a 28" deck it's OK. While I was at it, I also replaced the driven disk and painted the rear chassis and the back wheels. I took it for a test ride around the yard and it runs like new - cause it is.

Check out the pics - by the time you read this, I should be out mowing. I didn't do it last night because I wanted the new paint to harden before I got grass all over it.

Restrorob
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Why is it people want to half azz everything ?

Now, GET a new coat of paint on the front half !!! :laugh:

Looks good..... Thumbs Up

ed2hess
09-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Is this machine driven by that wheel with the rubber tire on it? The one you see thru the opening.

kogafortwo
09-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Retro: I'd rather do stuff half-azzed than go off half-kokked!

Yes, the rubber wheel is the driven wheel from the engine's disk which hangs down on the vertical shaft.

lawnboy dan
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM
yes hess it is and is a very weak system with lots of little parts to fail. mine hAas been a pos from day 1. i bought a real lawntractor and couldnt be happier. my pos snapper is now for leaf cleanup only-the only job it does well