PDA

View Full Version : 19HP Kawi fuel issue ..

A Leaf Above
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok ill try to explain this to the best of my ability ...

Yesterday morning i went to fire up my mower and all i heard was a "clik" so itried again and the motor turned very slowly then " clik " again ..At this point i was getting nervouse about a seized engine ..While the motor was going very slowly it also was making a noice that sounded like liquid in the engine ..So i check the oil and it was all mixed with gas ..The gas had leaked in to my cylinders and actually was locking up my motor ..So what i did next was take plugs out and blow out cylindrrs , changed oil and took carb apart and checked the floats which seemed ok ...There was so much gas in this engine that the muffler was also full of fuel ...My question is ...What could have caused this ? Fuel pump ? Carb ? any other suggestions ?

I ran it yesterday and it seemed ok while running , however i am shutting off the fuel when the mower is not running...

Any suggestions would be appreciated ...

Thanks ,
Ron

Erielandscaper
09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Sounds like the float stuck open and alowed it to keep flowing

Lance L
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
thats definately a carb issue like he said ^^^ float is stuck open, what will happen is fuel will keep running through the carb and into the engine, will go into the cylinders, fill up, then run past the rings/valves and fill everything up =)

Restrorob
09-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Ron,

Most likely a piece of trash got under the float needle valve preventing it from closing. You cleaned the carb but you need to check/clean the fuel tank and fuel lines then install a new fuel filter.

If it floods again after doing the above replace the float needle valve, They do get a groove worn in the tip that can prevent proper sealing.

milike
09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Ron,

Most likely a piece of trash got under the float needle valve preventing it from closing. You cleaned the carb but you need to check/clean the fuel tank and fuel lines then install a new fuel filter.

If it floods again after doing the above replace the float needle valve, They do get a groove worn in the tip that can prevent proper sealing.

^^^^ that plus shutting off the fuel when not using is a good idea