PDA

View Full Version : Resodding question

SunState Lawn Care inc
09-06-2009, 03:15 PM
What do you guys that do sod work use to haul the old sod that you cut out off in? Do you have a dump trailer or have a roll off delivered if it's a big job or just fork it on and off a regular trailer( that's how we always did what little bit we do)? I usually don't do much sod work By choice but have had calls for 6 different sod jobs last week. I am thinking of getting in it more then I use to but don't want to sink a pile of money into a dump truck rig.

Thanks

White Gardens
09-06-2009, 03:22 PM
What do you guys that do sod work use to haul the old sod that you cut out off in? Do you have a dump trailer or have a roll off delivered if it's a big job or just fork it on and off a regular trailer( that's how we always did what little bit we do)? I usually don't do much sod work By choice but have had calls for 6 different sod jobs last week. I am thinking of getting in it more then I use to but don't want to sink a pile of money into a dump truck rig.

Thanks

You can always rent a dump-trailer and a dingo for these jobs. That would save a lot of time and effort.

I invested in a cheap dump/plow truck and it has been extremely useful in my biz.

tracyalan
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
It all depends on how much you do use it. It's always nice to have less works when it comes time to go to the dumps, but if you only do this once a week or less, you should save the money. But "dump trailer" gets my vote. You can use a normal trailer when you need to and you can leave parked in your lot when not needed.
Tracy

White Gardens
09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
It all depends on how much you do use it. It's always nice to have less works when it comes time to go to the dumps, but if you only do this once a week or less, you should save the money. But "dump trailer" gets my vote. You can use a normal trailer when you need to and you can leave parked in your lot when not needed.
Tracy

I agree. The dump trailer would be better if not used.

I sometimes want to sell my truck when it sits for extended periods, but then I realize I need it to plow snow.