PDA

View Full Version : Spyker ride-on's "spread heavy to the right"

americanlawn
09-06-2009, 05:41 PM
This is NOT the case regarding Spyker 'push spreaders', rather it's in regard to "Ride-on sprayer/spreaders" that utilize Spyker spreaders. Anybody else experience their ride-ons spreading heavy to the right?

I realize Spyker utilizes the "accuway", but we found probs with it. We solved this "heavy-to-the-right" problem many years ago with Spyker spreaders, but I'd like to hear from others before we give out our secret and the common sense remedy.

rscvp, thanks :usflag:

grassman177
09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
if we ever had a problem it was to the left. but pretty darm even fromt he get go

Josh.S
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Larry, I was just thinking about making a thread about this but you obviously beat me to it. It'll be interesting to see if anybody has had the same problems we have...

ted putnam
09-06-2009, 10:00 PM
if we ever had a problem it was to the left. but pretty darm even fromt he get go

same here...

EVM
09-07-2009, 12:08 AM
I have a problem to the left but I guess I correct it with the accuway. What were your problem with accuway and how did you fix it?

klsgc
09-07-2009, 09:54 AM
most of my pscu spreads heavy to the right, so a little pull back on the accuway will take care of it some of the time. If it is really bad, there is not enough travel in the accuway to fix the problem so I glued a flat piece of plastic to the stainless in the bottom of the hopper to skinny up the right side. Its been there for 2 years and hasn't fallen out even with powerwashing 2 times a week. I covered maybe 1/4" of the opening.

rcreech
09-07-2009, 12:25 PM
When I first got my machine I had that problem...but it was easily fixed with pattern adjuster.

I fought it for a couple days before I figured it out though!

Best way to check is go on bare ground or calibrate.

Josh.S
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM
When I first got my machine I had that problem...but it was easily fixed with pattern adjuster.

I fought it for a couple days before I figured it out though!

Best way to check is go on bare ground or calibrate.

Well if that was fixed by the accuway how come you took the cable off? Just wondering..

rcreech
09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Well if that was fixed by the accuway how come you took the cable off? Just wondering..

Once it was adjusted...I never had to use it again.

You can put it back on!

RigglePLC
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Listen to the Grand Rapids people. Use a piece of plastic or duct tape to cover a part of the opening. Best to attach it with a screw so you can rotate it to make the adjustments you need. Arrange the shield so that the fert drops closer to the center of the spinner, or farther out from the center. That is the critical adjustment.

And by the way--does the Spyker spin to the right or left? Counter clockwise? Or...

turfcobob
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Spyker spins clockwize with a left side trim. The accuwave will adjust the pattern to an equal left, center, right spread. We did much testing on this with a Turf Agronomist and pan testing. The accuwave is very sensitive and the setting will vary with different brands, prill size, flow setting and etc. Every time you change something the flow and spread will change. Your left to right spread pattern should be checked after each change. Product, amount applied, prill size, even fert vendor. A poor mans pan test is easy. Take 30 feet of black plastic and nail it 4 foot up on a wall. Take it out onto the floor and tape it to a long piece of pvc tubing. Pull up the ends by putting boards and hooking the plastic to them, this will keep the prills from flying off the end.. Roll the plastic 4 to 5 feet out onto the floor, the side that is taped to the pvc. Set the spreader in the middle and turn it on. Put out a full bag of fert. Take 3 people and lift the pvc / plastic from both ends and middle all at the same time. This will take the fert to a trough in the middle. Usually you can see the difference or you can measure the depth with a ruler. Anyway it is a poor mans pan test and once se up it just takes minutes. Also when you are spreading the prills onto the black plastic you can really see the flow. Just a little tip of the day from an old guy..

Turfcobob

americanlawn
09-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Great advice turfcobob - easy way to check the pattern. :usflag: (BTW all, Bob already knows what we did to correct the 'heavy right spread pattern' so we seldom have to rely on the Spyker accuaway). Mow Right also made the same change as us - he runs a Z, and we run T3000's. He & I use Spyker spreaders on our ride-ons. (I guess T's & Z's are brothers on this thread) :waving:

Prob we have with accuway is the cable corroding as well as fert buildup on the accuway itself. It only takes a month or so before the cable corrodes & freezes up (not LT Rich's or TURFCO's fault). Then you're having to "babysit" the cable frequently to make sure she is freed up. Then replace it often. IMO it's a bad design by Spyker cuz they well know we run corrosivive fertlizer through them, but there's a very easy fix.

Mow Right & we have chosen a permanent solution that still allows one to use the accuaway whenever you want (if the cable ain't corroded or the accuway is clean of fert dust buildup).

For guys who see a heavy pattern to the left....I've never seen that. My guess is the impeller speed is too slow not allowing for maximum spread width & overlap.

Dr Parish (LSU) did extensive research regarding impellers & granular fert patterns. These include impeller speed, size of impeller, prill size, amount of prills, types of impeller fins, etc. -- (don't need no Phd to figure it out). 15 years ago when we bought a Spyker 220, we saw the heavy right spread, and we fixed it right away by using common sense.

I'll step out of the way & leave it up to Mow Right to tell folks what we both did to solve the uneven spread problem if he wants. It's up to you Mow Right if you want to tell folks how we solved the spread prob. I won't cuz I have already bragged too much on this site. Thanks buddy. :waving:

Josh.S
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll step out of the way & leave it up to Mow Right to tell folks what we both did to solve the uneven spread problem if he wants. It's up to you Mow Right if you want to tell folks how we solved the spread prob. I won't cuz I have already bragged too much on this site. Thanks buddy. :waving:

Lol Larry....

Well how we fixed the problem was by putting a Lesco impeller on the Spyker spreader.

The Spyker impeller has 2 curved fins and 2 straight, which is fine for when it is spinning at slower speeds (push spreader) but in my case (and Larry's) it would throw the fert off the impeller too quickly.... throwing fertilizer heavy to the right. After switching to the Lesco impeller (which has 4 straight fins) the problem was immediately solved w/o using the accuway system.

The only modification to make the Lesco impeller fit on the Spyker spreader was to enlarge the hole that the pin goes through.

americanlawn
09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks Josh -- You are a true friend (even though you run Z-Sprays):laugh::laugh::laugh:. Very nice of you to share our secret with others, cuz we know it works. I also hope others benefit from your advice -- nomatter what Spyker says.:confused::confused:

Impeller speed makes a huge difference -- nomatter what spreader one uses. Fin design is equally important (Spyker vs LESCO). Other variables too - including .......... welp, I won't go into that cuz I don't want to sound like a "know-it-all".

Bottom line, Josh - you nailed it on the head. Thanks.

FERT-TEK
09-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Hello fellas, I keep running into the same guys on the threads I research.

Regarding this thread, I am currently using a PG Ultra that I have dialed in pretty good but am looking into a machine upgrade. I am looking into either a Z or a T both of which use the Spyker spreader system which appears to be a quality . In your opinion who makes the best spreader hopper for the ride on's?

FERT-TEK
09-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Hello fellas, I keep running into the same guys on the threads I research.

Regarding this thread, I am currently using a PG Ultra that I have dialed in pretty good but am looking into a machine upgrade. I am looking into either a Z or a T both of which use the Spyker spreader system which appears to be a quality . In your opinion who makes the best spreader hopper for the ride on's?

I am an idiot, I typed this post too quickly and didn't catch the my typos. The edit button wasn't available either.

What I meant to ask is what other problems have you had with the Spykers other than spreading heavy to one side. What spreader would you buy or install if you could drop any one on your machines?

RigglePLC
09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Anderson spreader with the helical cone for pattern adjustment. Just cover the two side holes with duct tape and open the center hole up wide. Adjust cone to suit.

Runner
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I never could get a good and even spread pattern out of any single holed spreader - even the Spyker. If I ever upgrade to a Z-Spray, I will have them custom build one with a Lesco hopper on it. The 11 to 3 o'clock pattern never fails me for a perfect spread each and every time when traveled in a counter clockwise direction.

qghs
09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Do you change to the #80 lb. lesco walk behind spreader impeller??

americanlawn
09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I believe so. We use the same LESCO impeller that the LESCO push spreaders use. We replace the impellers 2 or 3 times a year. Even spread everytime. No need to monkey with the Spyker 'accuway' unless you're spreading fine particals. Hope this helps.

Do you change to the #80 lb. lesco walk behind spreader impeller??

qghs
09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Great. Thanks. Going to stick one on asap.

grassman177
09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
i have never really had too much freeze up with my cables and only lube them once or twice a year so far. i think however you all put more hours a year on your ride ons than us as we mow more per week than spray.

americanlawn
09-30-2009, 06:36 PM
After nearly two seasons using LESCO impellers on our Spyker ride-ons, we have yet to streak a lawn. Please let all know how it works. Thanks. :waving:

Great. Thanks. Going to stick one on asap.

brizine
09-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Why do you replace the impellers 2 to 3 times a year?

grassman177
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Why do you replace the impellers 2 to 3 times a year?

wondering the same thing, i have spreaders that have been 10 years and never replaced a single thing!

americanlawn
10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
We have run a Spyker 220 (electric motor w/variable impeller speed) spreader on a 3-point hitch on a John Deere 445 tractor for almost 15 years now. When we first used this Spyker (15 years ago), we immediately saw a "heavy to the right pattern". So we installed a LESCO impeller (no right curve fins - all straight). This IMMEDIATELY solved our spread pattern.

The past two years we have also run TURFCO T3000's (w/Spyker spreaders). All these units have the same thing in common -- the impeller speed is faster than push spreaders.....this is why the "heavy to the right pattern". Plus --- we switched to XCU fertilizer almost two years ago. XCU has a harder shell. The harder prill coating provides long-term benefits, but it wears down the plastic impeller fins more quickly than conventional SCU fert's.

treemonkey
10-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Awesome stuff, Americanlawn. I am fascinated about spreader calibration and have read Dr. Parrish's book here:

http://www.lsuagcenter.com/en/lawn_garden/commercial_horticulture/equipment/Spreaders/For+More+Information+on+Lawn+Spreaders.htm

It summarizes much of his career work in spreader research.

I can only imagine that the spreader companies have engineers of some sort that dwell on this stuff.

I'm curious, what "thought process" lead you to this solution that the company's were/are too lame to figure out? Did you observe something and applied the solution, or was it just "trial by error" until you nailed it.

Kudos to you for your ingenuity.

americanlawn
10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Trying to convince mfg's is another story (especially TURFCO & LT Rich). Oh well. Good things happen to those with an open mind who test equipment in the field. I know TURFCO is looking into different impellers, and I hope my friends at Z-Spray are too. Both are fine outfits.

Thanks treemonkey, americanlawn :usflag:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
10-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I am going to give the Lesco spinner a try... This has been a complaint of mine for years. I switch rates & products with different consistency & sgn size between one one to the next, as not all get the same product. It has always been nothing short of a B!tch dealing with that stupid pattern adjuster! :hammerhead: I understand why it is needed & how it works, but if there is a fix all to keep from using that, then I will surely give it a try. I have to admit I am skeptical, because it would seem that the manufacturers would have figured that out a long time ago, but if there is any chance it works, I'll try it out...

Some products work flawlessly, but others such as Lebanon's 20-0-5 w/ Mesa have been a struggle.

Americanlawn-What shaped pattern do you end up with. Is it a 11 o'clock/3 o'clock, like on the Lesco push spreaders? Does changes in the rate affect the pattern? Do you run/have you tried other products than CPS's XCU product?

I don't have time put out pans and recalibrate between lawns:laugh:

ted putnam
10-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Trying to convince mfg's is another story (especially TURFCO & LT Rich). Oh well. Good things happen to those with an open mind who test equipment in the field. I know TURFCO is looking into different impellers, and I hope my friends at Z-Spray are too. Both are fine outfits.

Thanks treemonkey, americanlawn :usflag:

Yea, that is some good stuff to know Larry. Right now, the only problem I really have with the spyker is fert dust accumulating on the teeth of the accu spread mechanism. It has to be checked it seems more frequently during humid periods. I may give your idea a try on my next dry round. Excellent info to remember nonetheless.:clapping:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Yea, that is some good stuff to know Larry. Right now, the only problem I really have with the spyker is fert dust accumulating on the teeth of the accu spread mechanism. It has to be checked it seems more frequently during humid periods.:

Ted, That is half of my problem, as well. I feel like I have to have the spreader on a real picky diet:laugh: The more the stuff accumulates, the more it pushes your pattern one way or another.

americanlawn
10-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Yep -- minimizing the need for using the 'accuway' is a good thing. The accuway accumulates fert build-up, and ends up defeating it's purpose. Then there's the cable - not good cuz it corrodes. Bad design overall IMO. The LESCO impeller solves it all.

cwc257
10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
mine also threw heavy to the right. i think that accuway is not needed. but i have it pulled out a hair to help straighten the pattern. Also does anyone else think that it is a pain to calibrate on the z spray?

rcreech
10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
mine also threw heavy to the right. i think that accuway is not needed. but i have it pulled out a hair to help straighten the pattern. Also does anyone else think that it is a pain to calibrate on the z spray?

Every spreader and sprayer is calibrated pretty much the same way....why would the Z be any harder?

It is just speed and hopper setting for fert and if spraying speed, pressure and tip selection.

Am I missing something?

Jason Rose
10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I know i'm small time compared to a lot of you... But with my PG I just spread in a circle to the center, counterclockwise. I don't care if the spread pattern is even left ot right or not. I'm guranteed no "stripes", assuming I overlap properly.

americanlawn
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Good point. We often go in a circular pattern when 'aerating' open areas. But it's nice to have an even pattern while spreading granular fertilizer -- especially in small or narrow areas. (BTW we never had a pattern issue when we ran Permagreen ride-ons with the LESCO impeller).

One of my guys treated a "20 acre" cemetery today (granules -- plus liquid weed spray)........even coverage with both dry & wet at the same time. Then he sprayed an "800,000 s/f" state park (weed spray only).

I spose I should answer what most folks might be wondering right now...

a) One applicator
b) One pickup truck w/carrier rack
c) One ride-on unit (w/LESCO impeller)
d) Gallons applied = about 450 (1/4 gallon per 1000 s/f)
e) 20 acres + 800,000 s/f = 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. today
f) The cemetery had some serious hills, but the state park was mostly flat ground
g) Very little drive time

I know i'm small time compared to a lot of you... But with my PG I just spread in a circle to the center, counterclockwise. I don't care if the spread pattern is even left ot right or not. I'm guranteed no "stripes", assuming I overlap properly.

grassman177
10-07-2009, 09:24 PM
i have never really had any spread pattern problems except from build up and the occasional chunk in the bottom of the hopper that passes through somehow the pre screens. now, our jrco spreaders we never use anymore, those were a real pain to even the pattern. you had to actually loosen and turn the bottom plate that held the gate to the hopper and adjust till it spread right. severe pain !!! glad to not use them anymore and to think they were the best thing ever compared to push spreading!!! huh

cwc257
10-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Every spreader and sprayer is calibrated pretty much the same way....why would the Z be any harder?

It is just speed and hopper setting for fert and if spraying speed, pressure and tip selection.

Am I missing something?

I was used to using a lesco hps to spread with, and we also you lesco/JDL fert which gives the calibration. When using the z i keep the speed set at the recommended 5mph for spraying, this way if i need to spray a property while im in a fert only round its no problem. The reason why i say it is difficult to calibrate is because if you use the spyker recommended setting on the fertilizer bags it is wrong because the speed i spread at is a faster speed. I was told that the average pushing speed was around 3mph, so i would be putting down to little of product. I finally got a calibration trey and used that and also compared it to my lesco push spreader to get it dialed in. Everyone else that i talked to that use them say they just go to a yard that should take 1 bag of fert. and if they run out before they are done they no they are using to much and turn the rate down. I just wonder why LT Rich cant make a easy calibration chart giving spreader calibration for certain speeds.

rcreech
10-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I was used to using a lesco hps to spread with, and we also you lesco/JDL fert which gives the calibration. When using the z i keep the speed set at the recommended 5mph for spraying, this way if i need to spray a property while im in a fert only round its no problem. The reason why i say it is difficult to calibrate is because if you use the spyker recommended setting on the fertilizer bags it is wrong because the speed i spread at is a faster speed. I was told that the average pushing speed was around 3mph, so i would be putting down to little of product. I finally got a calibration trey and used that and also compared it to my lesco push spreader to get it dialed in. Everyone else that i talked to that use them say they just go to a yard that should take 1 bag of fert. and if they run out before they are done they no they are using to much and turn the rate down. I just wonder why LT Rich cant make a easy calibration chart giving spreader calibration for certain speeds.

Simple....

You can use the same analysis and still have two totally different settings!

There is no "cut and dried" setting for ANY fertilizer.

Good job Larry on treating 38 acres with one guy in a 7.5 hour day!

I know I will NEVER be able to reach those numbers with my 275# hopper and 57 gallon tank capacity spraying 1/4 gallon/k traveling 5 mph! :)

ted putnam
10-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Good job Larry on treating 38 acres with one guy in a 7.5 hour day!

I know I will NEVER be able to reach those numbers with my 275# hopper and 57 gallon tank capacity spraying 1/4 gallon/k traveling 5 mph! :)

Only because you lack the "Can Do" attitude of the Larrylawn dreamteam. Oh yea...and you 're using the wrong piece of equipment...:laugh::laugh:

grassman177
10-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Only because you lack the "Can Do" attitude of the Larrylawn dreamteam. Oh yea...and you 're using the wrong piece of equipment...:laugh::laugh:

sorry larry, that there is funny!

ZSpray Info
10-08-2009, 09:49 AM
The reason why i say it is difficult to calibrate is because if you use the spyker recommended setting on the fertilizer bags it is wrong because the speed i spread at is a faster speed. I was told that the average pushing speed was around 3mph, so i would be putting down to little of product. I finally got a calibration trey and used that and also compared it to my lesco push spreader to get it dialed in. Everyone else that i talked to that use them say they just go to a yard that should take 1 bag of fert. and if they run out before they are done they no they are using to much and turn the rate down. I just wonder why LT Rich cant make a easy calibration chart giving spreader calibration for certain speeds.

There is really no "easy" chart to give you for granular calibration. However we feel that with the Z-Sprays you can learn to be more accurate than any other spreader. On a Z-Spray with the GPS speedometer you will know exactly your ground speed, and you know what your exact spread width is. Our hydraulic hopper motor allows you to adjust your spread width from 4 feet up to 25 feet. We can also go different groundspeeds up to 8 mph on large properties. With a push spreader, you do not know these exactly. We have found that you can usually add 1.25 to a products recommendation, and that should get you in the ballpark.

Here is the chart we created that is on our website. You can print this off and laminate to your kneepad for quick reference.

http://z-spray.com/calibration.html

rcreech
10-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Larry,

I have a question for you~!

If you only had 1 guy did he just keep moving the truck...or dead head to it?

I take care of an 18 and a 22 acre cemetary and I have always found the biggest pain in the butt is keeping the truck close or doing a lot of driving/walking to get the truck to move it closer.

What is your secret to doubling a machines capability? I really need to know as I am leaving a lot of money on the table the way it sounds!

I have MAXED out my capacity and effeciency and my machine can carry 2x more fert and 4x more liquid then your machine!

Seriously....how do you do it??????

ted putnam
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Larry,

I take care of an 18 and a 22 acre cemetary and I have always found the biggest pain in the butt is keeping the truck close or doing a lot of driving/walking to get the truck to move it closer.

What is your secret to doubling a machines capability? I really need to know as I am leaving a lot of money on the table the way it sounds!

I have MAXED out my capacity and effeciency and my machine can carry 2x more fert and 4x more liquid then your machine!

Rod, All I can say is you're a helluva guy. You give way more "benefit of the doubt" than anybody I know. I'm the type that if it looks like BS and sounds like BS, it usually is BS(99% of the time). And...I've never been one to bite my tongue. One of my downfalls I suppose...

sprayboy
10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Good point. We often go in a circular pattern when 'aerating' open areas. But it's nice to have an even pattern while spreading granular fertilizer -- especially in small or narrow areas. (BTW we never had a pattern issue when we ran Permagreen ride-ons with the LESCO impeller).

One of my guys treated a "20 acre" cemetery today (granules -- plus liquid weed spray)........even coverage with both dry & wet at the same time. Then he sprayed an "800,000 s/f" state park (weed spray only).

I spose I should answer what most folks might be wondering right now...

a) One applicator
b) One pickup truck w/carrier rack
c) One ride-on unit (w/LESCO impeller)
d) Gallons applied = about 450 (1/4 gallon per 1000 s/f)
e) 20 acres + 800,000 s/f = 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. today
f) The cemetery had some serious hills, but the state park was mostly flat ground
g) Very little drive time

38 acres in 7.5 hours with a little drive time.
Just over 5 acres per hour with no lunch and no drive time.
7 hours actual spraying puts it closer to 5.5 acres/hour.

20 acres/granules at 3#/1000 spread rate--2600lb 52 bags
3# is just throwing out a number, no idea what was being spread.
450 gallon liquid--aprox 3800lb
1 ride on/WITH carrier rack.
aprox 7000#
If one pickup truck can carry all that I want to see a pic.
If you got water there you had to go back to same place to load sprayer, extra travel time.

Wow, I wish I was that talented.

ted putnam
10-08-2009, 11:31 PM
38 acres in 7.5 hours with a little drive time.
Just over 5 acres per hour with no lunch and no drive time.
7 hours actual spraying puts it closer to 5.5 acres/hour.

20 acres/granules at 3#/1000 spread rate--2600lb 52 bags
3# is just throwing out a number, no idea what was being spread.
450 gallon liquid--aprox 3800lb
1 ride on/WITH carrier rack.
aprox 7000#
If one pickup truck can carry all that I want to see a pic.
If you got water there you had to go back to same place to load sprayer, extra travel time.

Wow, I wish I was that talented.

:gmctruck: Transportation provided by a 2500

ted putnam
10-09-2009, 12:11 AM
:gmctruck: Transportation provided by a 2500
I posted the GMC truck because I couldn't find a smiley face smoking a crack pipe in the list of smilies...

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
10-09-2009, 07:57 AM
I posted the GMC truck because I couldn't find a smiley face smoking a crack pipe in the list of smilies...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG Ted, I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sprayboy
10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Smilie on crack..... that's funny

bout spit my coffee also

rcreech
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Ted.....:)

52 bags of fert, 450 gallon of liquid and a T-3000 hanging off the back!

Would like to see pictures of that!

Bet it look like a spaceship getting ready to take off!

grassman177
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
that kind of weight is why i use a "big truck and trailer" .

americanlawn
10-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi buddy -- it was pretty easy.

The cemetery only wants a light rate of fert, cuz they want to minimize mowing. He went through about twenty bags of fert (44-0-0 w/XCU). He sprayed most, but not all areas for weeds (skipping over 'clean' areas). Said he only moved the truck once (at each property).

He sprayed the entire park for weeds (no fert) - went through just over 200 gallons.

He refilled his 300 gallon Tuflex tank (at our warehouse) in between each job.

Both properties are about 1/2 mile from our shop. We utilized a 16 gallon axillary tank (32 gallon total capacity). We can fill our ride-on units at the rate of nearly 8 GPM cuz we use a quick couplers that lock in place so we don't have to stand there hoding a hose, etc. That's the scoop. :waving:

NOTE: Let's say the properties were an hour away......all we would have to do is have another truck meet up with him to bring extra product - bags of fert or liquid. Still easy. (Keep in mind that this guys has years of experience running ride-on sprayer/spreaders). RC - You know who he is (you met him), and he says hi. Take care, Larry. :usflag:

Larry,