PDA

View Full Version : Delivering New App customer flyers the fall before...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Guys,

Since Trugreen (at least around here) tends to book their next year's business the fall before, would it be a good idea to do a nice sized flyer or newspaper insert campaign this fall for the 2010 season? I am looking to make a push to gain a nice new crop of app customers for next season, and believe the field is ripe with Trugreen-dissatisfied customers that would likely consider switching if another (local) option presented itself. I am the ONLY lic. applicator in my town, Trugreen rolls in from out of town to do business and I would like to take some market share here away from them.

Thx

ted putnam
09-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Guys,

Since Trugreen (at least around here) tends to book their next year's business the fall before, would it be a good idea to do a nice sized flyer or newspaper insert campaign this fall for the 2010 season? I am looking to make a push to gain a nice new crop of app customers for next season, and believe the field is ripe with Trugreen-dissatisfied customers that would likely consider switching if another (local) option presented itself. I am the ONLY lic. applicator in my town, Trugreen rolls in from out of town to do business and I would like to take some market share here away from them.

Thx

I would say it is definitely a good idea. Especially since you are their only "licensed" competition in town. It's a good opportunity to soak up business while the customers disatisfaction is still fresh in their mind.

Heidi J.
09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Guys,

Thx

Great idea! I like door hangers better. Then I know the customer gets the info directly. Everything is at their finger tips including a price. There is no need for them to call for an estimate (people don't like to be smothered by sales people like TG does).

I get my info from our local online tax quary.

Be sure to stress to the customers that you are locally owned and operated.

Good luck!

ksJoe
09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
If you're leaving them at doors, take the time to make sure they won't blow around like trash. Door hangers behind the screed door would be good. In my neighborhood, we get a lot of those fliers and most of them are just trash for me to pick up out of the yard. If I was looking for that kind of service, those are the ones I wouldn't be considering.

Once guy actually was knocking on doors to hand out fliers. He came across as eager and hard working, but not pushy.

Runner
09-07-2009, 11:13 AM
You gotta offer an incentive. First, let them know that a crucial part of a program for a nice healthy lawn is the fall application. NOW is the to get that jump start on a beautiful lawn that will last all of next season! There,...how did I sound? Not bad for off the top of my head, I don't believe. This is an EXCELLENT time for marketing for next season.
I had to laugh, because I just got a fake offer from scotts this last week. The reason I call it "fake", is because they are offering me my first application for the low price of $29.95. What a deal! Where do I sign?! ...Oh, but wait...The small print toward the end says that it is only for lawns up to 10,000 sq. ft..
But do you see what they have just done? They have put themselves in front of me. Sure,...it is a worthless "value", but it first APPEARS to be an offer. Well,...it is easy to DO an actual discount at this time of year with minimal product needed to get results.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. To note - I cannot knock on doors to deliver flyers/doorhangers etc. Need a permit for that, and I am not buying a permit.

RigglePLC
09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
You need to act fast. When I worked for Tru Green there was a surge in sales for the first two weeks of September--then it dropped off rapidly.