PDA

View Full Version : trainee

stressed
09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
what is the rule for me a licensed applicator/owner to have a non licensed guy to apply pestices.Dont i have to be within a certain distance of him and can he apply more than fertilzer if im not around.Im trying to train him but also have other things i need to do.Any help would be appreciated

ted putnam
09-06-2009, 11:11 PM
what is the rule for me a licensed applicator/owner to have a non licensed guy to apply pestices.Dont i have to be within a certain distance of him and can he apply more than fertilzer if im not around.Im trying to train him but also have other things i need to do.Any help would be appreciated

In my state he would be called an "agent" for my company. He would not be an agent until I had fully trained him to the required educational hours of my state in the different areas they require. Once this training was completed, documented and the proper paper work turned in and fees paid, he would receive an "agents" card. Then and only then would it be legal for me to send/leave him on his own to do applications. This is my states rules. Yours may be different.

bug-guy
09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
illinois pesticide review

What is the difference between an Applicator and an Operator license? An Applicator (Commercial, Public, or Commercial Not-for-Hire) is the person in an organization who has the responsibility for all pesticide purchasing, storage, handling, and use. Each organization must have at least one person licensed as an Applicator at each facility location. The categories (for example, Field Crops, Turf, etc.) included on the Applicator's license dictate the areas in which a company may legally apply pesticides. An Applicator, (usually an owner, supervisor, or foreman) may use pesticides or supervise the use of pesticides by licensed Operators.

An applicant must pass (70% correct) either the General Standards exam or the Aerial General Standards exam; each exam has 100 questions. In addition, an applicant must pass (70% correct) one or more category exams. The category exams are 50-question tests on specialized topics. Category selection depends on the sites where the company uses pesticides.

In addition to paying the license fee (see FAQ #7), commercial Applicators must provide a certificate of insurance with proper coverage. The insurance requirements are sent to you by the Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDOA) along with your application; they are also described in the laws and regulations chapter of Illinois Pesticide Applicator Training Manual: General Standards (SP39).

An Operator (Commercial, Public, or Commercial Not-for-Hire) is a person who uses pesticides at the job site. An Operator's license is tied directly to a specific Applicator's license. An individual cannot be licensed as an Operator unless he or she works with a properly licensed Applicator. An Operator can apply pesticides only under the direct supervision of the Applicator and can apply pesticides only to areas covered by the Applicator's license. Supervision and direction of Operators by an Applicator means the Applicator must be in daily contact with the Operators. If the Applicator is out of town or not available, the Operator may not legally apply pesticides. An applicant must pass (70% correct) either the General Standards exam or the Aerial General Standards exam; each has 100 questions.

For both types of licenses, after you pass the exam(s), the IDOA will send you a license application. Submit the completed application to the IDOA within 90 days. If 90 days elapse, you must retest. See FAQ #7 for details about fees.

http://web.extension.uiuc.edu/ipr/i4161_829.html

LouisianaLawnboy
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
In my state one person needs to be licensed and anybody in the company can work under that license, but the licensed guy is responsible.

Also the licensed guy doesn't need to be physically there, but he must be able to be contacted immediately(ie cell phones for both parties)
Posted via Mobile Device