PDA

View Full Version : Ditch Witch SK650 Track problem

Dirt Boy
09-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Have an 06 SK650 which "supposedly had new rear drive sprockets and new tracks on it when I purchased it. And I know they looked new.
I have a lot of trouble with it throwing the tracks and I have to be extra careful and keep my ears open for the sound to try and keep it from happening.
Dealer said he's not had any problems with that.
Not sure what's going on, I keep them tensioned to spec. but I can't even work for a 1/2 hour without it either throwing one or trying to. OTOH, I'm pretty good at getting them back on in jig time!
Any ideas?

jeremy's lc
09-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey, i got a 08 sk 650. Mine has 510 hrs on it and I replaced the tracks on the unit at 300 hrs. I had a issue with the tracks coming off and the front idle bearings was bad. So thats a good place to look. If the front idle bearing is bad replace both sides. I replaced one side on the machine and it fixed it. Then 6 hrs later the other side broke down. Other then this my sk 650 has been great.

Dirt Boy
09-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks Jeremy, by the way, do you know, is there a right way to put the tracks on?
The dealer where I bought it put new tracks on, but I got to wondering if there is a certain direction the treads ought to be going, like on a tractor tire.

I"ll check the front idler bearings

Thanks for the info