PDA

View Full Version : SCAG Mulch Plate

NORTHMAN
09-07-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm looking for the part number for a SCAG mulch plate for an Advantage deck?Also if anyone knows where I can get it online?Thanks.

Mike Blevins
09-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm looking for the part number for a SCAG mulch plate for an Advantage deck?Also if anyone knows where I can get it online?Thanks.

I have one I never used for an Advantage deck. Let me know if you want it. I can't remember what i paid for it. Make me an offer.

OrangeToys
09-07-2009, 09:29 AM
a new one is about $50-$60. I haven't been that impressed with my advantage and the mulching plate, but I may be missing another attatchment on the deck that goes with the plate. Or I just don't know what Im doing when I have it on.lol

NORTHMAN
09-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks,I want to use it to mulch leaves.How hard or easy aare they to put on and take off?Mike,I'll find out what a new one is and get back to you.

Mike Blevins
09-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks,I want to use it to mulch leaves.How hard or easy aare they to put on and take off?Mike,I'll find out what a new one is and get back to you.

O.K. just let me know. Its not going anywhere.

EastCoast
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I purchased the mulch plate with my new Scag SW 36 Advantage.
Only two bolts to secure it and it works great!

It's best to contact a Scag dealer for the accurate part #.

OrangeToys
09-07-2009, 10:20 PM
if everything goes smoothly I could probably put the plate on or off in 5-10min max.

Cathman
09-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Ok, so i bought a nice used 48 tiger cub with 19 kawi on it. It has the advantage deck on it. Question is:

My other mower is an old lazer z hp 48 with 18 kohler on it. Mulch kit is installed. Mows beautifully, but doesnt quite have the power to just blow through the taller stuff. I either have to slow down a ton, or mow high, then go back at the normal setting to get it done..so double cut.

How does the scag mow with just the mulch plate? Does it put excess wear on one side of the deck with only the discharge plate on? Does it tend to leave rows of grass from it all trying to exit then getting blocked? It came with a new set of gator style blades and it mows nicely, but would really like to chop up the leaves and stuff the first pass. So mulch plate or whole mulch kit, or keep it as is and just run over em a few times? I think the 19 kawi has more uummmppphhhh to it also, so i think it would mulch the thick stuff well.

Ok, more than one question, but input/experience is greatly appreciated.

EastCoast
09-08-2009, 11:27 AM
I have a 2009 Scag SW 36 Advantage with 16hp Kawi motor and added the mulch plate and Gator blades, (no mulch kit) and it cut very nice!!!
There is no wear on one side of the deck and no grass trail.... only one pass needed. As for leaves, I will remove the plate and put on the metal catcher.

scagman52
09-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Mike Blevins..What size deck do you have? I'm looking for the mulch plate for a 48" Advantage..Thanks

shark1611
01-03-2013, 05:04 PM

9288 is the part number

orangemower
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
9288 is the part number

You do realize that the guy hasn't posted on here in a long time right? Kinda strange but you've been a member for 1 1/2 years and your first post is to give a part number to someone that probably doesn't even own a Scag anymore. LOL Happy New Year