PDA

View Full Version : Putting leaves in woods.

Ben's Landscape
09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Do any of you advertise leaf clean ups to blow the leaves into the woods if a house has woods. I was thinking of doing that since then i could rent a wb blower and i have a big redmax. I figured that way there i can get the jobs done quick since i am still in school all day. Just wondering if that was a good idea.

FYS777
09-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Do any of you advertise leaf clean ups to blow the leaves into the woods if a house has woods. I was thinking of doing that since then i could rent a wb blower and i have a big redmax. I figured that way there i can get the jobs done quick since i am still in school all day. Just wondering if that was a good idea.

i don't do that, i pick up and haul away leaves.

my thought is that if you can blow them into the woods the wind can blow them back into the lawns,

mowerbrad
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
It would depend. If the customer is okay with it, I don't see why not, just make sure to blow the leaves far enough back in the woods that they aren't noticeable and so they aren't all in a giant pile. Otherwise you will just have to haul away the leaves.

FYS777
09-07-2009, 09:17 PM

your ?? no i don't advertise to blow leaves into the woods, if you do advertise that way you are advertise for one way, advertise that you treat every property individually according to what it needs, maybe i'm not saying that right, but i treat every property as an individual and they are all different and every one has a different way of cleaning them out and what will work best. hopefully that makes sense???

STIHL GUY
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
i dont advertise but if a customer asks me ill do it. it saves me time and saves them money

Storm the Patriot
09-08-2009, 01:51 AM
if the customer doesnt mind and they have a suitable area for that, i dont see a problem.

clean_cut
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah, as long as it looks natural and the customer doesn't mind, I don't guss there would be a problem. Theres going to be leaves in the woods anyway so I don't think that having any more would hurt.

Mowbizz
09-08-2009, 09:47 PM

If there's woods behind the house I ask if it's ok to move the leaves there. I always say "if I take them away it will cost a lot more..." They always say sure...woods are fine. Again, when placing them in the woods try to avoid the "big pile" look...blend them in with the surroundings.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I always haul the leaves away. I'll shred them up on site and haul away the dust. Don't really have any places around here that have a wooded area close to their lawn.

sven1277
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
We do a lot of leaves and blow into the woods as much as possible. We always disperse the leaves 15-20' back so there isn't a leaf "burm" along the edge. If the custmer has a lot of leaves, we blow them back to the wood line, mulch them down, then blow them into the woods. The customer usually doesn't even notice. The leaves don't blow back.

anotherturfgeek
09-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I would not advertise that about blowing the leaves in the woods. Every yard is different.
I have some customers who like to use them as mulch. As leaf mulch is the best. (shredded)