PDA

View Full Version : Using Iron with Eagle 20EW

Critical Care
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I've been treating necrotic ring spot with Eagle 20EW without any additives, however the supplier where I purchase my chemicals mixes in liquid ferrous (iron) along with a silicon based penetrant for their spray jobs. After asking them why they use iron with Eagle they couldn't answer other than they've always done that. Okay... Then after making a phone call they said that the reason was because it says to do that on the label, but after checking the Eagle label I saw nothing suggesting its use.

So, maybe someone can shed some light on this so I can understand what's going on.

olive123
09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
probabally an agent to help add green. Could also help with ph.

RigglePLC
09-08-2009, 08:07 PM
You are probably right to be skeptical. I see no need for it. And iron can cause problems--gunk in the filters, staining.

olive123
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
IF THE FERROUS IRON SOURCE HAS SULFUR IN IT, THE GENERAL IDEA IS TO LOWER THE PH OF THE SOIL. "Sulfur amendments can reduce NRS severity"
THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH FROM RESEARCHING IT.(sorry for the caps)

Critical Care
09-10-2009, 02:40 PM
The ferrous does has 15% nitrogen added to it, which obviously could green up the lawn, but I can't see how that would help the NRS issue. Theoretically this liquid doesn't stain, but that is according to the same people who don't know why they use the product. Does that say anything?

Didn't know that sulfur could reduce NRS severity. Hmm... I'll have to check to see it that might be a trace element.

olive123
09-10-2009, 05:21 PM
if you are adding N to a fungus you will make it worse (except dollar spot)

greendoctor
09-11-2009, 02:33 AM
The ferrous does has 15% nitrogen added to it, which obviously could green up the lawn, but I can't see how that would help the NRS issue. Theoretically this liquid doesn't stain, but that is according to the same people who don't know why they use the product. Does that say anything?

Didn't know that sulfur could reduce NRS severity. Hmm... I'll have to check to see it that might be a trace element.

The patch diseases tend to be less severe on lawns fertilized with acid forming fertilizers such as 21-0-0. The research on patch diseases indicate an aggravation of the disease if the lawn is fed urea based fertilizers. Adequate iron and manganese also have a positive effect on disease development. My routine fertilizer program includes 21-0-0 and chelated iron/manganese. I do not see much Patch any more. Have yet to make a diseased lawn worse using my maintenance mix as a carrier for Eagle or Insignia.

tremor
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Fungicides lack BLING. When fungicides work - nothing happens. At least not that your customer can see & get excited about. Iron is like those stupid shiney chains that wrap around the lecense plate.

Iron is the bling.