PDA

View Full Version : Marketing

JConner
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone i was wondering how i can market new services. I now offer mowing landscaping and all that is involved with those. I want to add low voltage lighting and hardscaping. I have already done a few of each jobs and they were for my current customers but i was hoping i could find out how i can advertise these new services. I have a few very high end development and of coarse deed restricted. So i am in hopes that you guys can help me out and if so THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
On top of your normal advertising I would maybe offer a referral bonus for existing customers to promote your services. Thats what I do, if a customer refers me to someone. And I end up getting the job I give them a discount on their next service visit with me.

jada86
09-09-2009, 07:32 AM
You may want to try marketing the lighting from the aspect of security. Also might want to network with some security related contractors and offer them a referral fee or something for pushing your services as an extension of theirs. Selling hardscape services right now is just a challenge in this economy as it's a bit of a luxury item. Are you doing paver work? That might be something to push. Might want to try to scope in on smaller jobs and advertise paver work that way as the bigger paver contractors usually don't want to bother with the smaller walkways, etc. Also might want to market strictly to new homeowners who may be looking to improve after they buy - can buy lists of these or check with your county land records dept. They often sell them as well.

BeSeenGraphics
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Great advice from all above. If you need help getting your current customers to market for you, I have some great ideas for that.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Great advice from all above. If you need help getting your current customers to market for you, I have some great ideas for that.

Lets hear it if you don't mind. Its been a struggle to get my customers motivated.

BeSeenGraphics
09-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I just added a temporary link to my signature. Check it out. If you like, then please reply to that thread.

Wayne's Lawn Service
09-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Marketing needs to be an all the time thing not a some time thing. Especially in a slow economy. I have a manual on Marketing and advertising as well as a CD with many different templates in Microsoft Word format that are completely customizable to your business. Being a full service lawn and landscape business myself since 1979, I know and understand what you are looking for. Feel free to give me a call or visit our website below.

Watch several of the upcoming issues of trade magazines for articles I have submitted on running a lawn and landscape business as well as snow & ice management.

JConner
09-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Thanks Wow I'm surprised i got so many helpful ideas this will help out a lot. Yes paver work is one of the things that i am trying to get into more. The customer referral idea is what i have been doing but i only get to talk to so many of them every so often and it is hard to remember which ones i already told about these new services. i was thinking about putting a little something on my invoices or a little flyer in the envelope something like that.