PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for getting work

willslawncare
09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I just started this year with my lawn care business. I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer with my all my equipment and the only advertizing i have is on the Trailer and my business cards. I went door to door this spring but had little success. Also went to realtors but that was more headache than profit. Any tips for finding work and perhaps some this fall.

sdk1959
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Kinda late in the season but run a local classified ad for mowing and fall leaf clean-up, although scratch the leaf clean-up if your in Florida.

Only drawback with newspaper ads is your customers will be spread out, but you can tighten up your route next year by putting out door-hangers with your business card in the neighborhoods you already service.

Good luck for this year and next!:)

msclawn
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Try marketing to the left and right of existing customers as well as the htree across the stret, when your in the area stop and talk to htese people, offer a group discount for METS (Mow, edge trime, swwep blowing off), then sell add-ons.

ALC-GregH
10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
offer a group discount for METS (Mow, edge trime, sweep blowing off), then sell add-ons.

man you tell potential customers you offer METS at a discount and they'll think your a drug dealer. LOL

ALC-GregH
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
"Word of mouth" will get you the most customers and usually the best paying customers. I haven't ran a add since I started. I went door to door for about a month and have gotten all my work from that. I didn't do anything this year at the beginning of the season and picked up a bunch of new customers that all wanted someone personal to do their outdoor maintenance, not a crew of non English speaking foreigners.

One other thing that seems to help, SELL YOUR SELF. :)

GraZHopA
10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
It looks like you are on the right track with the trailer advertisement and the business cards. If you do quality work, everyone will see it and the business will come your way. Not many LCO's have more business than they can handle the first few years. You may want to check with builders and landscapers (that don't mow) in your area, maybe they will throw a bone your way. Check around at the businesses in your area for some commercial work.

Please fill out your location information, as this is a big help when trying to answer questions.

dmunoz
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Referral business is how we get most of our clients. You have to get a good reputation with your current customers so they will recommend you to others. You might also try finding a networking group to join. Your trailer signs are good visibility. Make sure your phone number is easy to read on your signs.