PDA

View Full Version : help please, im breaking blades !!

2StripeTC
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
So my 3rd blade, furthest from the discharge keeps breaking about 1/4 of the blade off..... any idea?

Two Seasons
09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
More information needed.

Make
Model
Serial # of deck

big_belly4ever
09-08-2009, 10:37 PM
May have bent one of the spindles and when the third and the second meet it snaps it? my guess.Spin with new ones on and see if they hit each other.

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah. Sure sounds like your blade isn't centered. Could it be tweaked and hitting a baffle or something? Is this a new mower?

Shasta Lake Landscaping
09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Sounds dangerous

2StripeTC
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
well commercial lawn here in town said it was the spindle, which i agreed to after listening to it and it has not broke since! Thanks guys for the response so quickly

mowermankevin
09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
How many hours are on the inside blade? The left side blade will always wear quicker as there is more work to do to push the grass to the discharge side. If that is not the problem, then is the mulch kit missing bolts underneath? Like the previous post said make sure the blades spin freely and are not touching, make sure the blade P# is the correct one. I had a Lesco I switched out blades and the fella said the blades were hitting, so I went to where he was, (2nd trip) and sure enough the blades were touching, pulled 'em off looked at the numbers on the blades and they were correct, come to find out the correct number was stamped on the wrong blade, what's a person to do?