PDA

View Full Version : Walker Grammar Suspension Seat User Opinions Other than Price

tglasslawncare
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I do some very nice lawns that require my Walker that have some rougher spots. Lately, I have been get bounced around quite a bit with the dry weather. I feel it in my knees after a good day of mowing and was wondering if anyone uses the Walker Suspension seat made by Grammar. Does help the rough ride of a Walker with the bouncing front deck. My other mower is the Toro Grandstand and very smooth just a pain to bag with. I do have somewhat of a knee issue already. I am not really concerned about price because of this issue. However, I think it is insane for what they cost. Is it worth the investment? Thanks

MOturkey
09-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm hoping you get some response to this thread, because I'm considering investing in a suspension seat as well. I'm only currently using my Walker on about a half dozen smaller properties, and our front yard, but a couple are quite rough, our yard being the worst. :) It is my back, however, more than my knees that causes me discomfort.

I'm wondering if it isn't the positioning of the footrests that is causing part of your problem? Turf Dawg, I believe it was, was kind enough to post a link to a listing in Walker Talk about footrests that can be installed anywhere along the rail on the deck support, giving some adjustment. I checked with my dealer, and they run about $75. I'm considering giving them a try, because the rests closest to the tractor are a bit too close to be really comfortable, plus I'm used to the sloped deck on my Gravely's, and with the Walker, I feel like I'm going to slide forward in the seat at times.

I'll look up the thread and part number for the rests and post them if you think you might be interested.

tglasslawncare
09-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks. If you have time. The part number would be great. I can look it up also. I appreciate it. thanks

grassaholic
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I will agree with everyone else that the Grammar suspension seat for the Walker is way too expensive. I've been using Walkers for 15yrs. and never had a Suspension seat until a couple years ago. The only reason I ended up with one was because it came as standard equipment on the liquid cooled models and I bought a liquid cooled 31hp. I can tell you that the Grammar suspension seat is awsome! Since getting the 31hp Walker with the Grammar seat I've come across an older Walker with the old style suspension seat. Theres no comparison between the two. The Grammar is far better. I've also had a chance to cut some grass on a friends Exmark Lazer Z and the Grammar is alot softer than the seat on the Exmark. I guess its just an example of you get what you pay for. If it's you sitting on the mower all day and not your employees, then I'd say go for it.

tglasslawncare
09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
grassaholic. Do you know if i install the suspension seat do i have to change the forward control lever. I thought I read somewhere that since the suspension seat sits higher that you need a taller forward control lever. I went to the Walker website and looked at different year models and the one with the standard suspension seat lists the same lever as mine. I have a 2003 MDD GHS. Thanks

ztrlvr
09-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Same levers, they do require 1" longer handles that are bolted to levers.

tglasslawncare
09-10-2009, 08:21 PM
ztrlvr do you mean steering levers or the forward control lever? Thanks for your help.

tglasslawncare
09-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Never mind I figured out that it is the steering levers. Any other thoughts on the suspension seat ride over the standard seat. Is it a big difference?