PDA

View Full Version : mr. rust, meet general fluid film

SKYNYRD
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
sorry the pics suck. aint the best lighting underneath the truck:laugh: finally fluid filmed the entire underneath:cool2: the pics are of the back section of the frame on the gm and the underneath of the diamond plkate on the floor of the rack body. the fluid film soaked in so well on the diamond plate it actually needs a second coat;) i don't think mr. rust is going to like how long general fluid film sticks around:laugh::laugh: the 1st pic is a b4 pic. the other 3 are after pics:cool2:

Dano50
09-09-2009, 02:52 PM
That will definitely make a difference for your truck. It soaked right into the rust is what it did. Fluid Film loves rust!

Thanks for the pics! :drinkup:

SKYNYRD
09-09-2009, 03:07 PM
That will definitely make a difference for your truck. It soaked right into the rust is what it did. Fluid Film loves rust!

Thanks for the pics! :drinkup:

got into a huge argument with my father over it. he wanted to buy "special frame paint" i kept sayin why when that wont stop the rust and my fluid film will? i'm not sure who won the argument but i did get my way:laugh: he coated the underneath of the dodge too:weightlifter:

Dano50
09-09-2009, 03:10 PM
There is a reason why you're a General...

SKYNYRD
09-09-2009, 03:27 PM
is the reason cause that's what's on my tank sign;):laugh:

4.3mudder
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Not to be mean, but I think that truck is not safe with that frame all rusted out like that driving down the road, just my opinion though.

SKYNYRD
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Not to be mean, but I think that truck is not safe with that frame all rusted out like that driving down the road, just my opinion though.

it passes a safety inspection every year therefor there is nothing wrong with it

4.3mudder
09-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I gotcha, but it looks bad though. How old is it?

SKYNYRD
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
frame is an 81 and looks alot worse than it really is. there's still facotry undercoating on it in places;)

4.3mudder
09-09-2009, 07:45 PM
lol, ya when I started looking at the pictures I was like, wow, it must be an antique, but anything 25 years or older is an antique so i was right

JosephLawnCare
09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
damn, that's a rusty truck. I think it needs a sand blaster, not ff. Is it the truck in your sig?

SKYNYRD
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
sure is the truck in my sig:cool2:

Swampy
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
How well do you think that Fuild Film will hold up to the road salt?

Mudder the frame is fine as long there isn't horribly big rusted out holes in the frame your good. It might be different in Texas but up in WI its about 6-7 years road salt turns frame into that pictured

SKYNYRD
09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
i like that name swampy:waving:

according to some posts over on plowsite from guys who have done the frames before the application generally lasts around one year. i plan on doing this one again at least one more time before winter. it's been a weel and a great portion of the frame is still soaked where as only a small portion it's soaked in to the point it appears dry. the underneath of the diamond plate has some larger area's where it appears dry. that's why i want to give it a second coat before winter