PDA

View Full Version : name change

24/48
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I am thinking about changing my business name. I am currently using my last name + lawn care and am thinking of changing to a name such as mow pro, turfscape, etc. I have been mowing for 3 yrs now under my name and am wondering what the best way to go about it is. i will tell my clients that I have now but what about new advertisement. should i say I used to be this name or just start fresh with the new name. just wanting to hear from yall that have changed their name how it went and any advice. maybe I am making a bigger deal of this than it is.

4.3mudder
09-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Turfscape is already an established company in Texas in the DFW area.

Kutz Lawns
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
If your current customers are making the checks out to your company name, that's the only reason they would have to know about a name change. Otherwise they would never know the difference!

Start fresh with a new name, they don't care what your old name was!

mowerbrad
09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Why do you want to change the name?

JCPM
09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Your company name isn't as important as your reputation.

sven1277
09-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Your business name is fine. It is much more personal than those corporate sounding names which don't really mean anything. Let your current name continue to establish itself

LouisianaLawnboy
09-09-2009, 11:52 PM
It all depends on how much advertisement you have put into the current name.
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
09-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Your business name is fine. It is much more personal than those corporate sounding names which don't really mean anything. Let your current name continue to establish itself

Maybe that's true in your area, but around here, I'm sick of seeing (last name) landscaping companies around. I called my company Hickory Leaf Landscape, because I wanted to be different.

baddboygeorge
09-09-2009, 11:56 PM
When I see this from companies it throws a red flag at me , usually in the landscaping profession when a company does a name change there company is having problems such as bad business practices an there suffering from getting new clientel so a name change is a must!

LouisianaLawnboy
09-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe that's true in your area, but around here, I'm sick of seeing (last name) landscaping companies around. I called my company Hickory Leaf Landscape, because I wanted to be different.

What's wrong with Bubba's Lawncutters
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
09-10-2009, 12:11 AM
It just doesn't sound as professional, but it's all in how you conduct your business.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
It just doesn't sound as professional, but it's all in how you conduct your business.

;) :-) I was joking. Where I live everybody uses their last name. I personally don't. I don't think it will cause you to fail, but may slow your growth.
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
The biggest company around here is a last name. HUGE operation. PERFECT work.

I had my logo designed, comparable to theirs. Simple,and professional.

But yes, I do agree that last names are overused, and a more "landscape oriented" name will set you apart.

LouisianaLawnboy
09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
The biggest company around here is a last name. HUGE operation. PERFECT work.

I had my logo designed, comparable to theirs. Simple,and professional.

But yes, I do agree that last names are overused, and a more "landscape oriented" name will set you apart.

Ya I know what u mean, but it is harder to adverise your comapny when it sounds like everyone elses. It can be done though, just look at Wal Mart, Sams, Sears, JCPenney, etc
Posted via Mobile Device