PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna 326LD problems help needed

playersc
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I have a 2009 Husqvarna 326LD line trimmer that runs hot after about 10 minutes of full throttle operation, this unit will not idle or even restart until it has cooled. After the 4th time going to the dealer with this same problem they now tell me that the way I operate this unit is why it is running hot. I have a 2006 Husqvarna 323L that I have ran full throttle for a full tank of fuel many times and have never ran into this problem. Am I missing something, has anyone else seen this?

Impressions Landscaping
09-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't know much about the Husky line of trimmers, but this goes without saying that on most pieces of equipment full throttle is fine, even for extended periods of time. Unless your running it without the shield, which if it doesn't have it it might mean that to much string is getting out and putting an additional strain on the motor. I'd bring it right back to the dealer and tell them you want an even exchange, explain that you give them business and that it isn't right that it a line trimmer still isn't fixed. I mean seriously, its a 2 stroke motor, how much can really go wrong? After 4 times the dealer is probably just telling you its you since they can't find another problem with it. Demand a new trimmer, if not take the next step over the dealers head and get something done.

lawnboy dan
09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
these have so much power that full throttle is seldom needed. take it easy and see what happens

Alan0354
09-11-2009, 03:34 AM
I say demand an exchange. You have paper work for all 4 times? Keep those as record. You should not have to settle with this. It could be gas tank ventilation issue........ But who cares, get a new one.!!!

milo
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
tell dealer to try to make mixture richer, sounds like running lean, that is probally all it is

EagleGrounds
09-11-2009, 12:03 PM
tell dealer to try to make mixture richer, sounds like running lean, that is probally all it is

Why would he tell this to the dealer? If you aret making your own mix then time to go back to first grade.

Serisously. Take one gallon of gas and pour a pre measured pack in it?

tallimeca
09-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I mean seriously, its a 2 stroke motor, how much can really go wrong?

Aaaaahhhhhh...........alot.......????????

2 things I would ask is 1) Does it have the correct spark plug. Most new engine in the past 6 years are all running resistor plugs. If you don't have a resistor plug in there, you will experience what you are seeing.

My next thought would be a faulty ignition module.

I don't think air/fuel is your issue, however, make sure you are running 89 octane fuel or higher.

We've had a lot of equipment come in this year that runs like crap. Can't find anything wrong. Dump out the fuel and put ours in it and it runs fine. Just alot of water suspended in the gas mix.......runs like crap.

milo
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Why would he tell this to the dealer? If you aret making your own mix then time to go back to first grade.

Serisously. Take one gallon of gas and pour a pre measured pack in it?

ahhh, maybe you need to go back it dont matter how much gas and oil you mix you can mix the gas at 10 to 1 and that dont make it richer or leaner.. maybe you should learn something about a lean and rich mixture, gas mix has nothing to do with it, its fuel and air. before you open your mouth make sure you what your saying

lawnboy dan
09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
i too have seen a big increase in h20 in gas this tear. its the ethonol-it attracts and adsorbs water

ucfbrian
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
ahhh, maybe you need to go back it dont matter how much gas and oil you mix you can mix the gas at 10 to 1 and that dont make it richer or leaner.. maybe you should learn something about a lean and rich mixture, gas mix has nothing to do with it, its fuel and air. before you open your mouth make sure you what your saying

You are partially correct, but you are referring to the gas/air mix ratio when the engine is running. In a 2 stroke you also have a gas to oil mix ratio wether it is 50:1, 40:1, etc. The Husqvarna 326 trimmer requires a 50 to 1 gas mix.

I am a Husqvarna dealer in Florida and rarely ever see any of these trimmers come back in running hot. Like someone else asked, are you running the trimmer guard on it? Without it on, you will get too much string out and put a strain on what the engine is designed for. Also with too much string out, it will not be revving all the way out and than the cooling fins on the flywheel will not be pushing enough air past the engine to cool it properly for the extra heat that it is creating. Also, when it is starting to run hot, are you loosing power or not being able to rev it out still? The 326 trimmer also has a catelytic convertor type muffler on it, as do most of the other brands out there, what kind of oil are you using? A cheap oil can plug the muffler up and make it run harder.

castlerockmo
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I have a 09 326l and a 06 326ldx and never had that problem. I would make em give me another one!
Posted via Mobile Device

milo
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
You are partially correct, but you are referring to the gas/air mix ratio when the engine is running. In a 2 stroke you also have a gas to oil mix ratio wether it is 50:1, 40:1, etc. The Husqvarna 326 trimmer requires a 50 to 1 gas mix.

I am a Husqvarna dealer in Florida and rarely ever see any of these trimmers come back in running hot. Like someone else asked, are you running the trimmer guard on it? Without it on, you will get too much string out and put a strain on what the engine is designed for. Also with too much string out, it will not be revving all the way out and than the cooling fins on the flywheel will not be pushing enough air past the engine to cool it properly for the extra heat that it is creating. Also, when it is starting to run hot, are you loosing power or not being able to rev it out still? The 326 trimmer also has a catelytic convertor type muffler on it, as do most of the other brands out there, what kind of oil are you using? A cheap oil can plug the muffler up and make it run harder.
no, i am correct, you can run it at 10 to 1 and that will have no effect on the mixture of running rich or lean. that is all controled by air fuel and if running lean (too much air) it could and would over heat

ucfbrian
09-16-2009, 01:52 PM
no, i am correct, you can run it at 10 to 1 and that will have no effect on the mixture of running rich or lean. that is all controled by air fuel and if running lean (too much air) it could and would over heat

You are correct as to the fact that running the oil/gas mix at 10 to 1 ratio technically has no effect on the engine running rich or lean, but running that rich of an oil mix over time will cause it to run rich. As a husqvarna dealer, if you brought me a trimmer that you had been running at a 10 to 1 gas/oil mix, I would not cover the repairs under warranty. The 326 trimmer is designed and engineered to run at 50 to 1 mix which means 50 parts of gas to every one part of oil, so 2.6oz of oil per every gallon of gas. Running the oil gas mix that rich would cause the exhaust to plug up which would in turn start causing the engine to run rich and will also cause the exhaust to be hotter than it is supposed to be becuase it is plugging up. It can also cause the spark plug to foul out or can even cause the carburetor to start plugging up due to excess oil in the carb. All current 2 stroke machines are built to tight tolerances and very exact specifications because they are designed to run as clean and as powerful as they can to meet customer demands and emission standards. The 50 to 1 ratio is a manfacturer spec not a recommendation.

milo
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
You are correct as to the fact that running the oil/gas mix at 10 to 1 ratio technically has no effect on the engine running rich or lean, but running that rich of an oil mix over time will cause it to run rich. As a husqvarna dealer, if you brought me a trimmer that you had been running at a 10 to 1 gas/oil mix, I would not cover the repairs under warranty. The 326 trimmer is designed and engineered to run at 50 to 1 mix which means 50 parts of gas to every one part of oil, so 2.6oz of oil per every gallon of gas. Running the oil gas mix that rich would cause the exhaust to plug up which would in turn start causing the engine to run rich and will also cause the exhaust to be hotter than it is supposed to be becuase it is plugging up. It can also cause the spark plug to foul out or can even cause the carburetor to start plugging up due to excess oil in the carb. All current 2 stroke machines are built to tight tolerances and very exact specifications because they are designed to run as clean and as powerful as they can to meet customer demands and emission standards. The 50 to 1 ratio is a manfacturer spec not a recommendation.
if you read all the things people wrote a guy said to me, well just read them. the bottom line is this, oil in gas dont make richer or leaner and people dont know that. thats what i was saying to him.