PDA

View Full Version : Marketing letter

joneslawnserv
09-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Is this letter a lil much or do i just need to change everthing im new at this. im sending it to all my email contacts. can you let me know what you think of it. and what i need to do to get new job, accounts, and contrats. I have flyer and business cards everwhere

To my follow readers,
To those who do not know me my name is Lester Jones. I started a lawn care service at the beginning of the summer. Now that the season is changing, I have been coming up with new ideas.
One idea is to spread the word through friends and family. I am providing a lawn service named Jones Lawn Service. That is doing business in and around Richmond, VA along with the surrounding areas. I am asking for your business and your help to spread the word of my service by forwarding this letter to your e-mail contacts.
I can be contacted at (804) 306-0781. Also please feel free to e-mail me at joneslawnserv@yahoo.com. I am looking forward to your business and all the help you may provide. Thank you in advance.
Jones Lawn Service
Lester Jones
(804) 306-0781
Joneslawnser@yahoo.com

T R E Y
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Is it too late to change the name from "Jones"? If you run this business for 20 years, give or take a few, and garner a great reputation around your community resulting in instant name recognition; what happens when you want to sell your business to a guy named "Smith"? He may not be interested because of the "Jones" name, if he changes it he loses 20 years of instant name recognition. You should go with something generic that anyone could use. Just my 2 cents.

tinman
09-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Good idea. You specifically ask the reader to take action for you. I would not spam people though. Either post this letter as a classified ad or mail it in print form.

joneslawnserv
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Good idea. You specifically ask the reader to take action for you. I would not spam people though. Either post this letter as a classified ad or mail it in print form.

Yea you are right I should be thinking about mailing it. But a lot of the ppl I want to send it a will not be abole to get there address. I was thinking of get a mailing list but it just coast so much for me to get right now. I think I might started looking in the phone book to get some addresses. And I might put it in a flyer some kinda way but but it would be to worded
Posted via Mobile Device