PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Question

Gonzoduke0
09-10-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm looking to start my lawn care business come springtime. I was just wondering if I should start out with a couple of 21'' push mowers or should I pony up the cash and get a commercial walk behind or stander? Something in the realm of 36'' or 44''? I will of course get trimmers and blowers, but I'm just trying to plan financially for the mower aspect. Thanks for any advice.

-Phil

Mckenzie's Maintenance
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
depends on exactly what you are targeting...you could go either way ...small residentals...overall residentals and a few commercials if possible...larger residentals...higher end residentals who may benefit from striping...

figure out what you are targeting and then buy equipment complenting your niche.

mowerbrad
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
If you already have some accounts for next year, then you can probably justify a 36" wb. But if you don't have any accounts yet, then you may want to wait on a commercial wb and just get a 21" until you pick up enough accounts. But either way, you will probably need a 21" anyway, so you can go ahead and get one of those and then wait on the wb until you get some jobs.