PDA

View Full Version : lazer z hp mulching question !

kenwin30
09-10-2009, 12:13 PM
hey guys, i recently purchased a 17 hp 44" mower, used of course ! the guy i bought it from gave me the mulching kit with it also. the plate to cover the discharge hole and another piece that goes under the mower, what i was wondering is if this is all the pieces for the mulching kit or not? seems to me i should a total of 3 pieces, not 2. can someone help me out with this?

ohanyan1
09-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Does the baffle enclose all of the blades?

If so, you should be all set.

Sometimes the baffles are 1 or 2 peices depending on the mower size. The only other part is the discharge cover and blades.

brucec32
09-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I can't say how that mulch kit is configured, but my 48" lazer hp has two large baffle pieces that fully enclose all three blades, a discharge cover(redundant, but protects the baffle on that side and stabilizes it), and I believe a small vertical piece that affects air flow near the leading edge (roughly postcard sized).

If all 3 blade aren't enclosed with baffles then you're missing a piece and it likely won't mulch great. 17hp will be taxed anyway when mulching anything but leaves or light grass.