PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Block

heygrassman
04-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Has anyone used IVY block on your skin to help prevent poision ivy.. man did I get it bad this weekend... thought i washed off fast enough but i guess not.....YIKES

prairie
04-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Yes I have, I have used a medicatio(over thye counter) by Ruark or Rusak or something like that and I dries up the Ivy very quickly. When I get poison ivy I get it all over no matter how small the initial spot is. Also another way to not get it, if you know your going to be around the ivy is to cover your expossed skin with dry soap, just wet your skin a little and apply. After work you can wash off the soap and then no ivy. It stops or kills the oil that is left behind from the ivy....My doctor recomended this to me.

ccla
05-01-2002, 08:05 PM
I've heard this is the stuff to use

http://www.zanfel.com/

BRL
05-02-2002, 01:07 AM
I've used Ivy Block with success when I knew I'd be working with poison ivy. I had an employee before who would get it if he looked at it from across a yard. I had him try it & he didn't get it, so based on that I' give it a thumb's up.

Lawns & More
05-03-2002, 10:51 AM
I use IVY BLock it does well, just be sure to apply it and let it dry before you get around the poison ivy.
Remember after you get the poisn ivy on you, wash off with "cold" water and some kind of a dish soap, atleast 30 minutes after being exposed.

robert payer
05-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Poison Ivy, Oak or Sumac. Have your doctor perscribe Clobetasol- Propionate. This perscription will knock your breakout dead. Keep a full perscription at home at all times. Just do not get this on your clothes before it dries. It will leave a transparent type stain.