PDA

View Full Version : 32" owners,

jkilov
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
My 36" leaves a small strip of grass at discharge if I mulch with just the chute blocker (without the baffles). If the grass isn't high it's good enough.

Friend has a 32" and claims it mulches fine like that. Does 4" make such a difference? If so I'm opting for 32" next time, I'm fed up with screwing these baffles on and off.

pflasch
09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Put the baffles in!
Without the baffles, your deck is directing the cut grass towards the exit chute... and when it hits the chute blocker, it just builds up and falls to the grass. The baffles allow the air to keep circulating in circles under the deck, where the grass gets cut several times before it drops!

Just a thought...

lawnboy dan
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
my toro 32 mulches like a champ!

mowerbrad
09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Put the baffles in!
Without the baffles, your deck is directing the cut grass towards the exit chute... and when it hits the chute blocker, it just builds up and falls to the grass. The baffles allow the air to keep circulating in circles under the deck, where the grass gets cut several times before it drops!

Just a thought...

Exactly...the baffles are designed to keep the clippings circulating. Without the baffles and only the blocker on, all the grass is shot to the one side and hits the "wall" and drops there. That would be why you have that line. If you want to mulch and have it look good, put the baffles back in.

jkilov
09-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Exactly...the baffles are designed to keep the clippings circulating. Without the baffles and only the blocker on, all the grass is shot to the one side and hits the "wall" and drops there. That would be why you have that line. If you want to mulch and have it look good, put the baffles back in.
I am well aware of that. Was just hoping for an oppurtunity to cheat and save some time. Like I said in dry thin grass you can practically get away with it. On the other hand leaving the baffles permanently on hinders discharge.

Just spacing out a bit, fed up with installing/removing the mulching kit several times per week.

jkilov
09-13-2009, 05:13 PM
So can a 32" mulch half decent with just the discharge blocker or not?
Is this question too difficult?

clean_cut
09-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Does the 32 have only one blade? If it has two, then I don't think it would be much diffrent than the 36, but if it only has one then it would probably much fine with just the blocker.

jkilov
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Does the 32 have only one blade?
Nah, I'm talking about the twin blade 32s, the ones with the timed blades. Like I said, friend has one, claims it works great. Guess I'll just have to pay him a visit and see for myself.

Anyone else?

lawnboy dan
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
mine mulches execellent with a gator and no baffals . does better than my z master!